View Full Version : Invisible Objects
7th Feb 2007, 10:00 PM
I have looked all over and no luck.
How do i make invisible object recolors?
7th Feb 2007, 10:12 PM
here you go
you may find it's starting to get out of date with the latest simpe version but it's start for you.
7th Feb 2007, 10:39 PM
I have some invisible objects. :)
7th Feb 2007, 10:56 PM
pfish, but how do u make them?
8th Feb 2007, 12:40 AM
8th Feb 2007, 10:15 AM
Yes, thank you for sharing !
12th Feb 2007, 4:50 PM
Ok, there're a few ways to make invisible recolours:
1. The simplest way to make one is to just keep the xml file and give the following parameter the suggested value below
name = nullmodel_null
This's an in-game txmt file that will nullify the material as null material.
So, txmt and txtr files can be deleted without any further editting.
2. However, not always, the simplest approach is workable.
Then, making a null txmt is the next simplest way to do so.
- txmt type = null
- stdMatUntexturedDiffAlpha = 0
- no texture map or txtr file is needed
- leave only the essential txmt parameters, say...
deprecatedStdMatInvDiffuseCoeffMultiplier = 1.2
reflectivity = 0
stdMatDiffCoef = 0.4,0.4,0.4,0
stdMatEmissiveCoef = 0,0,0
stdMatEnvCubeCoef = 0,0,0
stdMatLayer = 0
stdMatSpecCoef = 0,0,0
stdMatUntexturedDiffAlpha = 0
3. The unfortunate cases yet still working...
- blank transparent png files are imported/built into the txtr file(s)
- stdMatAlphaBlendMode = blend
- yet, one can compress the txtr file, as suggested here (http://www.modthesims2.com/member/showthread.php?t=132612)
12th Feb 2007, 7:50 PM
i'd like to point out that my tute that i made helps the creator make /recolor objects to invisible and also helps explain how to leave stuff behind and if the creator chooses to replace with a texture that can give a glass/transparent effect as well.
not just make a object totaly invisible. un less thats what the creator wants
also i'm in the middle if updateing and reposting my tutorial if any ones interested.
vBulletin v3.0.14, Copyright ©2000-2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.