View Full Version : How can i run the sims2pack clean installer if i deleted it instead of uninstalling it ?
27th Jul 2007, 05:43 PM
I went on a Custom content website looking for a pre-made sim, because i was planning to make a new family so i found the perfect sim but on the top of picture of the sim it said "please download sim2pack clean installer before downloading this" so i clicked on the link to where i could find the program. When i was on the website i read the manual for it so then i downloaded the program, but then right after i downloaded it and was about to install it it didn't work so i went on the site again then i saw that you had to download a program from microsoft. So then I logged off my account and went on the administrator account to download the program, when i got there i found the program but downloaded the upgraded one (i think its called .net frame work 3.0) so i downloaded it and after an hour and fifteen minutes it was done installing so i went back to the website for the sims2pack clean installer (im still on administrator's account) to download the sims2pack clean program and after that was done installing i checked to see if it worked and it worked :) ya. But i didn't have any CC in my download file in the admin. account so i could not test it . so i went back to my account because thats where i had all my 2,800 or something Custom content files in my download file and see if it could work, and it didn't :!: so i thought of deleting and downloading it again since I did not download the microsoft program because i thought it wasn't needed :( . but instead of uninstalling it :cry: i deleted all files of sims2pack clean installer :!: so then I went back to the website and read all the info i could find and read that the program has to be out of your system. i searched on both my admin. account and mine and deleted all the sims2pack clean files i could find and restarted my computer. but then when i wanted to download the file a pop-up come up and saysyou still have the sims2pack clean installer, you have to uninstall it do you want to do it now, i click yes but nothing happens i searched both admin. and my account for the files and can't find any files of the program? :help:
27th Jul 2007, 06:11 PM
why can't i delete the my sims2pack clean installer files using the registry editor, when i clicked delete it said 'error while deleting key'.
27th Jul 2007, 07:48 PM
Hopefully someone will come along with some answers. In the meantime, be patient and don't bump or post additional threads. :)
25th Aug 2007, 03:27 PM
I have the same problem too!
2nd Sep 2007, 04:20 AM
Same here, I've got that problem as well!!!
Hopefully someone will find the answer to this problem cause it really annoys me!!!
2nd Sep 2007, 04:41 AM
Forgot to say this...you might have tried already but go to ''my computer''. On the left you'll see ''System Tasks'' and underneath that ''add or remove programs''. Although it didn't work on my computer, the program was still there, it might work on yours.
2nd Sep 2007, 12:48 PM
That's weird I've usually know the cleanpackinstaller for upload things clearing it of cc or telling you where you got the cc.
New version of unistalling: Control Panel>>>Add or Remove Programs.
You could try a numerous amount of things to get rid of it, I've seem to come across a lot.
1. It wouldn't work if you've deleted the icon. It actually holds data as odd as it sounds.
2. Unistalling it then seeing if you content works after you unistall it.
3. DON'T GET ANYMORE CC FROM THAT SITE.
4. Try fiding the file: C:/Program/Sims2CleanPackInstaller try clicking unistall. If it happens to get stuck wait it out until it goes or the computer says it won't respond for more than a good 2-5 minutes.
5. Try deleting everything about it. Make sure you don't have a thing open. Not even task manager, or compaq connections for those of you who have compaq.
6. Remove Icons from desktop, program files folder, ON THE ADMIN ACCOUNT only way.
7. Get rid of all cc you installed with it with any luck. To me the only thing the pack is good for is telling where the content comes from it in my case should not be used for anything else. My advice when you saw that burntpoptart was to close it right away. I've really never heard of that.
I wanna give it a try you wouldn't happen to still have the link?
Mayhap it what you downloaded?
As the fact it said do you want to unistall it? It was there! You should reinstall and do a search of your computer as for it saying you don't have it don't try to get anything from that site. One way to test if it's there.
1. Copy anyone of your saved packages if not create on in bodyshop then close it. It'll automatically be on your screen. So left click on it. Click open . Open with CleanPack BUT MAKE SURE YOU DON'T DO THAT TO ALL there is a little box that says do with all un check it. Now when if opens up it should show you what is in it. Now close that. Open up bodyshop delete the saved packaged sim. close BShop. Do the same again Click on it again and open with CleanPack. Now click install don't click minus cc or it will get rid of all the cc in the pack. showing it with all the normal stuff on it.
2. Close CleanPack open bodyshop. Is it in your saved sims?
3. If not evidently your Sims2Pack is dead.
4. Strongly advise you to get rid of it. Deleting the icon won't make it go away it'll be there but you can't access it. Delete the file folder on ADMIN.
hope that helped a little if it didn't you won't probably ever see this.
:bunny: hope :bunny:
vBulletin v3.0.14, Copyright ©2000-2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.