View Full Version : making clean installer default
9th Sep 2007, 10:41 PM
I recently had to reformat my hard drive so i'm starting from scratch and i cant remember how to make clean installer my default for downloading sims, its going to the sims2 installer and i want to open all my downloaded sims with the clean installer..can someone help with this?
4th Oct 2007, 10:39 PM
I've been fiddling with this and I think I may have got it!
1. When you download .sims2packs, I'm assuming you place them on your desktop...Whatever directory you place them in, right click on the package and choose the "Open With" icon.
2. There should be a short list of programs followed by another prompt reading "Choose Program". Now, you should see an even more populated list with Recommended Programs and Other Programs...Chances are, you won't see the S2PCI there.
3. If you do, click on it and check the box that says "Always use the selected program to open this kind of file" If you don't, click "Browse" and find the S2PCI in your Program Files.
4. After selecting S2PCI, you should be taken to a screen called "Open With"...Select the S2PCI icon. This should return you to the orginal screen with the Recommended Programs.
5. Follow the bold text of Step 3.
Hopefully, I've helped! Btw, I'm using Windows XP...
vBulletin v3.0.14, Copyright ©2000-2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.