View Full Version : [SOLVED] Wallmasks don't work anyway
7th May 2009, 08:47 PM
Please, help me!
I'm trying to make my wallmasks to work but I just can't make it! Can you see what's wrong with my package and try to fix it, please?
7th May 2009, 08:54 PM
If there was a package, we might. :lovestruc
7th May 2009, 08:58 PM
there it is.. hahaha
8th May 2009, 12:39 AM
I looked and didn't see anything obvious. Did you use MaryLou's templates? I've been told that many of the Maxis windows do not clone well. (Have no idea if wall mask problems is an issue with maxis clones or not.)
I do know that once it cuts a wall mask that the shape will not be right -- but at this point that is the least of your problems.
8th May 2009, 01:15 AM
Have you tried to reclone the window? Most often this is he best solution.
8th May 2009, 01:45 AM
You need to change the wallmask texture to ExtRaw8Bit compression, instead of DXT3. Both wallmasks and shadow alphas need to be in that format or they won't work.
ETA: Hrm, I may be wrong about that. >< Can't hurt to try, though.
ETA2: Nope, I am completely and utterly wrong. Ignore me, reclone the window. XD
8th May 2009, 01:55 AM
I compared all the parameters & names with a working window, and it seemed to match. My working windows had the wallmask in the DXT3 mode. I agree that recloning seems to be the next logical step.
8th May 2009, 02:19 AM
Works for me after renaming the TXMTs to ...]_0_0_0_n_wallmask_txmt and ...]_0_1s_0_s_wallmask_txmt and fixing integrity. You had hyphens instead of underscores for some reason – the first few may or may not matter, but the one before "wallmask" is significant I believe. Either that or it was simply the fix integrity that fixed it.
Also, be aware that this template is slightly off: one of the frame parts (either outside or inside, not sure) isn't properly centered. This is probably inherited from a sloppy Maxis window – I fixed this in one of my own windows by realigning the mesh, I guess one could also poke at the CRES instead but I never succeeded at poking that without making everything explode.
8th May 2009, 10:26 PM
oh, plasticbox, thanks a lot! i think it's really the problem! and that's not my real template, it's maryliu's one. i'll change it yet. thanks
9th May 2009, 12:04 AM
Hi Sam - I did tell you this was the problem in the chat and directed you to Echos post, understanding the screengraph.
Plasticbox is perfectly correct; the name of the TXTR and txmt have to match; in your object they did not; as I told you, you had used "-" and "_" interchangeably in the txmt and txtr and therefore the mask did not work.
vBulletin v3.0.14, Copyright ©2000-2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.