View Full Version : Do not have d3dx9_31.dll file
22nd Dec 2009, 07:42 PM
I do not seem to have the "d3dx9_31.dll" required for package files to work with WA. I downloaded a copy from the internet but I am not sure if I should use the downloaded file. I had also checked in both Program Files/Electronic Arts/ The Sims 3/Game/Bin and Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 World Adventures/Game/bin. I am wondering why I do not have the d3dx9_31.dll file to begin with.
22nd Dec 2009, 08:35 PM
In order to better solve your problem, please go through the following as listed below:
Sims 3 - Installing Custom Content
You appear to not have read our great guides to downloading and installing custom content for Sims 3.
Game_Help:TS3_Custom_Content This link contains everything you've ever wanted to know about installing .package and sims3packs.
Please read the FAQ. Then answer is in there.
* You will need a file called Resource.cfg, which you can download by clicking here.
* Extract the Resource.cfg file from the RAR.
* Windows: Place that file in Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\ - then place any .package files in Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages
* Macintosh: Place that file in The Sims 3.app > Contents > Resources > transgaming > c_drive > Program Files > Electronic Arts > The Sims 3. Then place any .package files in The Sims 3.app > Contents > Resources > transgaming > c_drive > Program Files > Electronic Arts > The Sims 3 > Mods > Packages
* World Adventures Expansion Pack: Copy the d3dx9_31.dll file found in your Program Files/Electronic Arts/ The Sims 3/Game/Bin to Program Files/Electronic Arts/ The Sims 3 World Adventures/Game/bin. Don't have that file? Get it here: d3dx9_31.dll
On occasion you might be asked to do a long FAQ - please make sure you do all the steps and don't just skip over them. You'll often find that these long FAQs have all the details you need. If nothing in the above FAQs fixes your problem you may post again detailing exactly which you have done and which steps failed.
23rd Dec 2009, 12:55 AM
Yes, use the downloaded file, it doesn't come with the game.
vBulletin v3.0.14, Copyright ©2000-2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.