View Full Version : game problems with newest patch (1.8)
25th Dec 2009, 10:19 PM
i have deleted all of my installed custom content and the cache things, as well as changed the my documents folder to "the sims 3 backup" to see if they were the problem, and my game still gets stuck on the loading screen when the bar is fully loaded. (it says ascending maslow's heirarchy if that means anything.) i followed the instructions on the new patch problems page, and i uninstalled the ea games installer, but the game still stalls at the same point.
i'm not sure what to do, because the game always stops working at the same point no matter what i delete, and i wanted to install the world adventures expansion pack, but the game already doesnt work.
i'm not sure if it makes any difference, but i use the TS3 Install Helper (the little monkey thing).
25th Dec 2009, 11:08 PM
Sims Discussion Forum Guidelines (http://www.modthesims.info/announcement.php?f=561&announcementid=130):No technical/game help! If you are having any sort of problem, glitch, error, or issue with your game or anything related to downloading, installing, or using custom content: Game Help.
Don't scroll past the guidelines when you post a new thread. Read them.
26th Dec 2009, 6:35 AM
i looked at them, and i mentioned that i did but couldnt find a solution to my problem.
26th Dec 2009, 6:40 AM
Didn't look very well because what mangaroo linked you to wasn't a fix for your problem, it was an explanation of the forum rules.. ;) You posted in the wrong forum but your thread has been moved for you.
So, first off you need to post your system specs: http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game%20Help:System%20Specs
Have you tried everything here? http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game%20Help:Sims%203%20Crashing If so you're going to need to reinstall:
1) Go to My Documents and cut/paste your user files from C:\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\ to your Desktop. (This is where your saved game data is so if you don't want to lose it make a backup first)
Also, back up your cc from 'C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods'
2) Uninstall the base game (and expansion if you have it) from Add/Remove Programs. Then restart your computer.
3) Manually delete the entire 'The Sims 3' folder from 'C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3' (you should have backed up your cc in step 1) (and 'The Sims 3 World Adventure' folder from 'C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 World Adventures' if you have the expansion)
4) Download and install this program: http://www.ccleaner.com/ Use the registry cleaner. When it prompts you make a backup of the files you are removing
5) Restart your computer, then try to reinstall just the base game try to play the game. Don't patch it the first time. See if it works. If it works then you can experiment with patches and if you have the expansion
6) If it still works, you can try adding back in your user files
vBulletin v3.0.14, Copyright ©2000-2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.