View Full Version : How can I create...
6th Jun 2010, 04:19 AM
Does anyone know how I can create terrain paints for my sims 3 lots or maybe a link to a tutorial?
I am creating a lot where I need a specific type of terrain that I can't find anywhere else and I need to create it.
7th Jun 2010, 07:55 AM
Just take an existing terrain paint and change it, save it then put it in your folder, that's what I did.
I was puzzling over it in this post and once I got an answer on another site I posted the link over there, it's not a tutorial though it led me to figure it out.
7th Jun 2010, 08:01 AM
It's very very easy to do in S3OC.
1. Open S3OC.
2. Cloning > Terrain Paintbrushes.
3. Choose a terrain that shows up in the category you want.
4. Click the "Clone or Fix" button (bottom right corner)
5. Top right, click Replace and use your own terrain paint texture. Under "Catalog Name" also on the right, change the name. Description is not used in-game far as I recall, though you can change this too. Leave the rest of the settings on the right as they are.
6. In the middle toward the bottom, under "Unique Name" give your file a unique name. I call all of mine "HP_Whatever" so I'd do something like "HP_DarkerGrassWithFlowers" or something - make sure this is a unique name that nobody else will use - don't just call it "Grass" or something like that. Leave the rest of the settings the same as they are by default.
7. Click Start. Choose where to save your file and what to call it.
And then you're done - you can put your .package file in game just as you would any .package file to test. If you want to change the texture afterward, you can always do so with s3pe.
vBulletin v3.0.14, Copyright ©2000-2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.