PDA

View Full Version : I Want A Stupid Earthquake

MaxieBoy
15th Jun 2010, 3:17 AM
I was so excited when I heard that the sims 3 ambitions would have natural disasters, like meteors and earthquakes. and guess what?! I HAVEN'T GOTTEN ANYTHING! How do you get it? Is there a secret to getting them that I'm just not getting? Please help me before I go crazier!!!

kennyinbmore
15th Jun 2010, 12:24 PM
I have yet to experience either of those things, so it's not just you

WayBack
15th Jun 2010, 12:32 PM
Have you tried to play the firefighter profession? I've heard that you're supposed to get disasters as a part of the profession. Though I must say that I've got a Sim who is a firefighter on level 10 and I still haven't experienced anything more than a large house fire and even that was glitched :rolleyes:

juansfalcin
15th Jun 2010, 12:41 PM
If you type Ctrl + Shift + C, then type testingcheatsenabled on, you can Ctrl + Shift in any house and generate a work in the new professions. So, you can generate Earthquakes, and then go have some fun. :]

Meteors are purely randomness, so when you're done building an awesome house, don't worry, it'll burn yo' house down.

ToRnado
15th Jun 2010, 2:33 PM
want meteors? http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=407315

Ive
15th Jun 2010, 2:54 PM
Got two so far playing the fire-fighter profession. So it's quite rare I'd say :)

Juniparr
15th Jun 2010, 4:18 PM
I have a Level 10 Firefighter and no earthquakes have been spotted. Which I guess its okay since her LTW is to save 30 Sims from Death. But still :| I want me an earthquake.

DeLoure
15th Jun 2010, 5:58 PM
Wait a minute, we have earthquakes in Ambitions?! I had no idea that we'd get natural disasters in Ambitions!! Are only firefighters privy to natural disasters or can anyone in any profession experience this? Looks like I'm gonna spend the next 12 hours searching for natural disasters in Ambitions.

heavenzdvl987
15th Jun 2010, 6:24 PM
I've had two earthquakes as a high level firefighter. They take forever to deal with cause you have to go to multiple houses but you make a lot of dough :D

Ive
15th Jun 2010, 8:33 PM
Yea it's funny when you have to dig people out. Sometimes my sim sits down and watches tv or goes to the toilet instead of digging them all out :giggler: Useless firefighter in other words!

kennyinbmore
15th Jun 2010, 9:34 PM
Yea it's funny when you have to dig people out. Sometimes my sim sits down and watches tv or goes to the toilet instead of digging them all out :giggler: Useless firefighter in other words!

my fire fighter started to do that at a house fire the other day. He showed up on site and decided he needed to take a bath in a burning house :lol:

fraavio
15th Jun 2010, 10:37 PM
weird. i already had like 3 or 4 meteors since i started playing. i got the game on the day of the release. am i a freak?

Aya_Alexa
15th Jun 2010, 10:42 PM
why not try stargazing or something, since i think the earthquake comes with the meteor.

spotlight-shure
16th Jun 2010, 7:02 AM
Thank god I haven't experienced the earthquakes or meteors yet. I'm dreading them. I'm not the save early, safe often type of person. I'm forgetful and I hate building so that would be a horrible experience if it happened to me. :S

el_flel
16th Jun 2010, 11:47 AM
Wait a minute, we have earthquakes in Ambitions?! I had no idea that we'd get natural disasters in Ambitions!! Are only firefighters privy to natural disasters or can anyone in any profession experience this? Looks like I'm gonna spend the next 12 hours searching for natural disasters in Ambitions.I think earthquakes you only get through the firefighter career as the whole point of them is to create a big disaster that the sim has to go and help with. My firefighter experienced two earthquakes - her LTW was to rescue 30 sims and it was a really good way of bumping up the numbers as you have to visit multiple homes - once she'd achieved her LTW (which she did quite quickly) I changed her career so she wasn't even a firefighter for that long.

Meteors I believe you can get with any sim - regardless of career - by looking through the telescope outside. If your sim gets hit they die, although you can move out of the way before it hits.

IceDani
16th Jun 2010, 1:42 PM
Hey guys let me tell you what happened to me! I'm a firefighter (lvl10 FireChief) and i got 3earthquakes so far :alarm: . Something wierd happened at the last earthquake. I was handling an emergency at a big house (saved 3sims, extinguished the fire) and I had to fix a gas leak! Pretty easy, except one thing: THE OVEN WAS MISSING! First I paused and looked all over the house to see if there's an oven, found nothing. Then i checked the fireplace...( :rofl: ) and ofc no gas leaking was there. So.. the time was running out. My sim wanted to look at their TV (while they were scaried and screaming). Time was almost over, i stole (take-action as firefighter) their plasma tv, detonated the basement(got loads of scrap with my vacuum invention) and then got back home! :jest: Being the Fire Chief, didn't affect my job xp too much, so my sim had a good time because of the earthquake!

I thought it will be cool to share this! :D

:!: PS: When one is scared, he "scream" or ... ? :!:

Emolicious
16th Jun 2010, 3:26 PM
its on the firefighter creer my sister had a broken disk over a kid and she have to help him from the disaster

littlepiggies
16th Jun 2010, 4:51 PM
hey guys, I'm at level 10 of firefighter for a while and there is still no earthquake, I even have to use the cheat but the choice of earthquake dim out, it said not the right kind of lot or building, do you guys have any advices on where I should generate an earthquake?

Captain THPS4
16th Jun 2010, 5:29 PM
My firefighter sim is at level 9 and still nothing crazier than a large house fire and an emergency at the spa which is disappointing. I ended up causing an earthquake through testingcheatsenabled because I was tired of waiting for one to happen normally.

littlepiggies, I clicked on the grass outside a house to start an earthquake. When I did that it only affected one house though, so if you want to make it more realistic you have to click on multiple lots.

Juniparr
17th Jun 2010, 7:09 AM
I think earthquakes you only get through the firefighter career as the whole point of them is to create a big disaster that the sim has to go and help with. My firefighter experienced two earthquakes - her LTW was to rescue 30 sims and it was a really good way of bumping up the numbers as you have to visit multiple homes - once she'd achieved her LTW (which she did quite quickly) I changed her career so she wasn't even a firefighter for that long.

Meteors I believe you can get with any sim - regardless of career - by looking through the telescope outside. If your sim gets hit they die, although you can move out of the way before it hits.

Holy crap, I'm so jealous! My Firefighter Simbot has that same LTW and she's at 29 Sims... really... she's at 29 Sims. I haven't had an earthquake yet, no easy way to save lots of people. :cry:

Can someone elaborate into whats going on? Someone with some smarts should look in the XML's for the Firefighter career and find out whats the instance of getting an earthquake/natural disaster. Someone... anyone... please! I'll give you a metaphorical "bene", remember those? :deal:

el_flel
17th Jun 2010, 9:50 AM
They're hard work though. They take hours and by the time all the people are saved, all the fires are put out and all the gas leaks are fixed your sim's needs are so low that they will stop mid-extinguish to go and pee or pass out or eat.

Going on the message that pops up when there is an earthquake your sim doesn't actually have to be on duty for one to occur, however I only had them happen when she was.

ToRnado
17th Jun 2010, 3:13 PM
just got an earthquake at level 9 only saved about 10 sims in LTW :P

my sim is super with the daredevil and brave traits lvl 8 fitness and lvl 9 handy shes easily tackled all 3 disasters in record time. got A rating each time.

Marky Boy
18th Jun 2010, 10:00 PM
I had an earthquake - it was kind of disappointing to me because not only after my ex level 9 sim have to put out 3-4 fires when getting the same amount of bonus in total as a single normal fire, it always crashes on the third house... sooooo annoying

ToRnado
19th Jun 2010, 2:07 AM
that's when the criminals HQ weather machine goes berserk you get clouds and thunder.

Juniparr
19th Jun 2010, 4:34 AM
I had an earthquake - it was kind of disappointing to me because not only after my ex level 9 sim have to put out 3-4 fires when getting the same amount of bonus in total as a single normal fire, it always crashes on the third house... sooooo annoying

Your Sim has to put out 3 to 4 fires in a day? I don't think thats supposed to happen... :blink:

Nawat
30th Aug 2011, 5:51 AM
Alright. To have an earthquake you need testingcheatsenabled true on. You then go into map view and Shift + Click on a house lot. Not a community lot. You should then get some options. Earthquake is one of them. Clicking it will cause an earthquake on a citywide scale.
:D

indieminorbird
31st Aug 2011, 3:38 PM
I was so excited when I heard that the sims 3 ambitions would have natural disasters, like meteors and earthquakes. and guess what?! I HAVEN'T GOTTEN ANYTHING! How do you get it? Is there a secret to getting them that I'm just not getting? Please help me before I go crazier!!!

In testingcheatsenabled true , I always put my firefighter to level 10 . Just click on a house Hold shift down and when it says "Spawn Job"press on earthquake. The go to fire station and alarms go off. Hope that helped. Me I want a metorite

Howabominable
1st Sep 2011, 10:25 PM
I got one earthquake once, then after that nothing else, I had to trigger them using cheats.

Mishy
4th Sep 2011, 1:26 AM
never had one. what happens? does the ground move? people fall down or get crushed bij falling rubble? total chaos?

haricots
4th Sep 2011, 5:01 PM
Nope. It happens just for some houses, and it happens if there's a firefighter in your family. The screen shakes (try to add the shakes by shaking your monitor!), then there will be some emergencies that your firefighter Sim needs to solve, in some houses. But I am often get earthquake when I have a top level firefighter...

Kestie Freehawk
7th Dec 2011, 2:21 AM
My firefighter sim is neat and he gags and sometimes throws up after a fire ;)

SunsetValleyStar
29th Jan 2012, 2:11 PM
Wow, never heard of earthquakes happening before! I know about meteors, but I've never had one. :( I tried standing around with a telescope for two whole Sim days, but nothing happened. :faceslap:

britbeex
3rd May 2012, 9:57 AM
So, I remember my first meteor shower. I was AWED. I didn't even know at that point that you could have them. My jaw just dropped and was like HOLY HELL. What just happened. And yeah..it just burnt up my new house.

rainb0wRhie
30th Aug 2012, 1:20 PM
Well, the most chance you can get an earthquake is by a job. Make your sim a firefighter, make it level 10 (using by cheats CTRL + SHIFT + C then type testingcheatsenabled true and play along the job experience bar) I mostly recommend it to be full. :lol: Then, hold shift and click on the ground and click spawn job, then earthquake. Have fun and good luck your sims might have uh.... survive? XD :lol: :gjob: :anime: :alarm:

JazzKittyFlower
2nd Sep 2012, 11:46 PM
If there are tornados... watch for flying cows

fearnoevilbmw
3rd Sep 2012, 9:05 PM
i never got an eathquake but my teenager almost got killed by a huge meteor a mesage said "Jackson" wonders why it got dark all of a sudden the meteor crushed the hummer to peices and the right side of the estate burned down the fire fighters came and the towns people helped no one died... but just last week a meteor hit the school and everyone inside was killed yes you get natural disasters but they are devastating i was attatched to that kid his name was alphonse salvatore he was my alter egos first and only son/offspring. dont wish for disasters cause when they come they are really bad. they come when you least expect it so be warned.

Macie
23rd Nov 2012, 2:49 AM

I think it might be for the firefighters.

Earthquake > Fire
Meteor shower > Fire
Stupid people > Fire

flarg26
13th Jan 2013, 10:00 PM
just put testingcheats on, join the firefighter career get to like lev 7,8,9 whatever it is and shift click on a lot, click spawn job and select earthquake. It's really not as fun as you would think it would be, it's like sims 3 fires and sims under rubble just get up and wave at you when you free them :p

Ruedii
25th Jan 2013, 7:36 PM
To get earthquakes you need to have a firefighter Sim at a high level in the firefighter career

I've gotten two so far. They are quite fun. Each house you rescue pays out the normal amount of cash, similar to a large fire. You get to save 8-12 Sims in one day, so it's great if you have the Firefighter Hero lifetime wish, or have promised a wish to save a good number of Sims. (I'm currently working towards my "Save 25 Sims" wish on my firefighter SimBot.)

I just wish that fixing gas leaks counted as fixing appliances for your electrician handiness goal.

Shooflee
31st Jan 2013, 3:47 AM
I'm not sure if you're okay with using cheats or not, but like others noted, if you shift-click on any house (you must be in the firefighter career for this), and you should be able to spawn a job from there. I have yet to experience one, as well, but just as well! I've heard they're quite challenging.

hypamusik
17th Jul 2013, 1:04 AM
I remember my first meteor attack was at the house ranch. Then I had a second one at the city hall. It killed 9 people including two of my sims. All the rest I enforced from my alien :)

Richerthnu
18th Jul 2013, 7:52 PM
Why would you want an earthquake?

Andygal
18th Jul 2013, 9:24 PM
for the challenge? For a story? Just for something different? Lots of reasons.

milkiemybaby
18th Jul 2013, 11:04 PM
I have had one meteor: http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/7108/1lms.png

I moved my sim out of the way just in time.