PDA

View Full Version : CAW Terrains, Plants, ETC Images?

JadedSidhe
17th Oct 2011, 2:37 AM
I'm once again tinkering with making a world. I've managed to get the Riverview Heightmap and Distant Terrain working. That's a big accomplishment for me. :D

What is frustrating me is the lack of content images of the terrains, objects, etc and so on.

I saw HP's post with the trees and plants, but is there anywhere that has all of the other images posted? (Yes, I know EA terrains are generally craptastic, but I'd still like to *see* them.)

If there isn't, I'm going to compile said missing images and put them up on my website. Would it be useful for the Wiki on CAW?

armiel
17th Oct 2011, 6:54 AM
I'm making a content list for all the EP's and SP's in the sims 3, so a CAW content list would be useful add-on to that I think :)

I can ask about adding the wiki page in relation to the page I'm making, and if you are willing to do, at least part of the CAW list it would be very useful if you could come to chat to talk about it (#create). When ever the chat is back up of course. :)

Ouerbacker
17th Oct 2011, 7:52 AM
Thats sounds like a pretty good idea Jadedsidhe. If you wanted to really get into it you could do the same for all of the custom CAW textures out there.

JadedSidhe
17th Oct 2011, 8:37 AM
Armiel: Thanks. I'm plugging away at it and I'll check in on the chats again next weekend. If nothing else, we can mail back and forth. Perhaps Delphy should consider having a back up chat server. I use Sorcery for my gaming. It's very dependable.

Ouerbacker: I've finished the terrains for CAW (Or most of them, there's a few I don't know exactly what to do with or should I say, how to make them show up correctly). I still need to tweak the page a little, I should have that much up next weekend.

once I finish with everything else, I can start on the Custom Content, provide links to where to find them.

JadedSidhe
21st Nov 2011, 5:21 PM
The Wiki Content Page is done.

http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Sims_3:Content_Lists:CAW_Content_Lists

As for my website, everything that is on the simswiki is up and some **images** of CC terrain textures are up. I won't post the actual textures, I'll have links to them on the links page.

http://jadedworld.net16.net/sims/

rian90
21st Nov 2011, 7:36 PM
Thank you! I have spent most of my simming time playing with CAW and didn't know some of these things existed! I appreciate the time you took to create this list.

JadedSidhe
21st Nov 2011, 8:13 PM
You're welcome. :)

simsample
21st Nov 2011, 10:41 PM
Wow, great work! That will be most useful, thank you for taking the time to do that!

cameranutz2
21st Nov 2011, 11:19 PM
Wow, great reference! Thanks mucho!!!

JadedSidhe
22nd Nov 2011, 12:44 AM
Not a problem, I love doing stuff like that. If anyone has any favorite textures, objects, tutorials, etc, feel free to send them to me. I'll toss them up on my site.

bitterquill
22nd Nov 2011, 3:22 AM
This will be VERY useful! Just being able to see everything all at once has piqued my creativity. Thanks so much.