PDA

View Full Version : Replacing roads

HystericalParoxysm
21st Oct 2011, 6:07 PM
So I was a bit of a dumbass when I started on my world, and I've used the default road for the whole world. I've spent AGES getting the roads tweaked just right, so the idea of replacing every road segment just to change the textures makes me want to go (heh) lie in the road. I know I could make a default replacement for the base game road textures to go along with my world, but I'm wondering...

Does anyone know of a way I can replace these with custom road textures in any sort of easier way? Are there separate resources for different road types in the .world file, such that I could open in S3PE and copy-paste the contents somehow, or something? I know it's a long shot, but I'm hoping that there's someone who'll be able to tell me "Oh yeah, just open this resource, copy the bits from here to here and paste into your new road layer and it'll work just fine."

simsample
21st Oct 2011, 6:53 PM
Hey HP, there's a method here you could try:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=452311

There are a lot of resources, but some people have found it to work. :)

HystericalParoxysm
21st Oct 2011, 7:00 PM
Yay, thanks so much - that looks like a good method, and I'm not afraid of editing a few resources, especially if it's just textures. The idea of replacing all my roads in the world was pretty horrifying, but this looks relatively simple. Thanks! :)

simsample
21st Oct 2011, 7:02 PM
I hope it works okay, I thought it might be a bit too much tedious work but it's better than replacing all the roads, I guess! :D