PDA

View Full Version : WCIF: An automatic Sims 2 to Sims 3 object converter tool

Train_guy
17th Feb 2012, 11:45 PM
Does anyone know where to find a meshing tool that can automatically convert a Sims 2 object in the ".package" format (the kind that's custom content) into a Sims 3 object in the ".package" format (again, the kind that's custom content)?

Some examples of the objects that I want to convert with such tool are:

Leesester's "Highsmith Fences"

Moune999's "Corner unit for Dahlen Bookcase" (complete with the matching bookcase from "The Sims 2: University")

And Moon_Ez's "2-Storie Tieback Curtains" (the ones that look like 2 story versions of the expensive Sims 2 base game curtains)

Can anyone find the tool?

Good Luck!

Nysha
18th Feb 2012, 12:06 AM
There's no such thing, and there never will be. Modding takes skill of a variety that computers can't emulate. :)

Train_guy
18th Feb 2012, 1:13 AM
There's no such thing, and there never will be. Modding takes skill of a variety that computers can't emulate. :)

I didn't say "modding", I said "Meshing"!

Pepperbutt
18th Feb 2012, 2:40 AM
Oh god. She gave you an answer, now accept it and shush. Your choices are now A, learn to convert yourself, or, B, find someone who either has the conversions or will do them. There is no such program, and modding and meshing, in this case, are the same thing. Don't nitpick on details, and I seriously hope you realize you're being a giant butthead. And that's only because I don't feel like swearing. I can promise you you're going to get the crap beaten out of you IRL if you don't change your attitude, assuming you act like this.

Birdflight
18th Feb 2012, 12:11 PM
the only way to convert is to extract all the corrrect files, put them in correct files, do a whole load of cloning, adjusting meshes, baking, texturing... probably more work than creating a new object!! :bunny:

leefish
18th Feb 2012, 12:37 PM
Does anyone know where to find a meshing tool that can automatically convert a Sims 2 object in the ".package" format (the kind that's custom content) into a Sims 3 object in the ".package" format (again, the kind that's custom content)?

Some examples of the objects that I want to convert with such tool are:

Leesester's "Highsmith Fences"

Moune999's "Corner unit for Dahlen Bookcase" (complete with the matching bookcase from "The Sims 2: University")

And Moon_Ez's "2-Storie Tieback Curtains" (the ones that look like 2 story versions of the expensive Sims 2 base game curtains)

Can anyone find the tool?

Good Luck!

You have of course asked the creators if you can do this? Or is it just for personal use?(scans inbox for PM...)

Train_guy
18th Feb 2012, 2:52 PM
You have of course asked the creators if you can do this? Or is it just for personal use?(scans inbox for PM...)

Well, Mrs. Leesester,

I was looking, not only for a conversion tool, but also for a Sims 3 version, or conversion, of your "Highsmith Fences", a Sims 3 version, or conversion, of Moune999's "Corner unit for Dahlen Bookcase", with a Sims 3 version, or conversion of the Dahlen Bookcase that came with "The Sims 2: University", and a Sims 3 version, or conversion, of Moon_Ez's "2-Storie Tieback Curtains" (the ones that look like 2 story versions of the expensive Sims 2 base game curtains)!

Sorry if this sounds like quite a mouthful!

leefish
18th Feb 2012, 4:38 PM
Well, Mrs. Leesester,

I was looking, not only for a conversion tool, but also for a Sims 3 version, or conversion, of your "Highsmith Fences", a Sims 3 version, or conversion, of Moune999's "Corner unit for Dahlen Bookcase", with a Sims 3 version, or conversion of the Dahlen Bookcase that came with "The Sims 2: University", and a Sims 3 version, or conversion, of Moon_Ez's "2-Storie Tieback Curtains" (the ones that look like 2 story versions of the expensive Sims 2 base game curtains)!

Sorry if this sounds like quite a mouthful!

Well, Mr Train_guy,

I have no idea where such conversions, if any, can be found. I certainly would not be converting any item which I had not originally made or modified myself. If I was going to, I would be contacting the creator to ask if I could first.

Re the Highsmith Fences - I was not intending to convert them, and considering the way they are mapped it would be a challenge to do so. Probably easier to redo them from scratch.