PDA

View Full Version : Color Magic Won't Recognise The Sims 4

lolwutermelon
7th Sep 2014, 7:29 AM
I downloaded Color Magic tool, yet for some reason, it doesn't display the Sims 4, only the Create-A-Sim Demo. I can't really go into the folder manually since ClientFullBuild0.package doesn't display any of the textures for the clothing. Does anyone know why this is happening, and if there is a way I could fix it?

violablu
7th Sep 2014, 3:10 PM
you have to load sims 4, try this in manual C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4\Data\Client...also I messed mine up at one point, and it would not load anything but a single package file I had asked it to open. I had to reboot it a few times and put that in manual

Yogi-Tea
7th Sep 2014, 3:13 PM
Which version of Color Magic did you use? I have version 0.5.0 and it works perfectly fine for me - the drop down field is greyed out but I can chose either The Sims 4 or the CAS Demo. The newest version is 0.5.2, btw. :)

lolwutermelon
7th Sep 2014, 5:12 PM
Which version of Color Magic did you use? I have version 0.5.0 and it works perfectly fine for me - the drop down field is greyed out but I can chose either The Sims 4 or the CAS Demo. The newest version is 0.5.2, btw. :)

I use 0.5.2 on a Windows 8.1 machine, and the drop down displays the CAS Demo which works fine, but even though I have the Sims 4 installed, it won't display that. Going into manual holds no results since ClientFullBuild is split into 9 different files.

lolwutermelon
7th Sep 2014, 5:14 PM
you have to load sims 4, try this in manual C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4\Data\Client...also I messed mine up at one point, and it would not load anything but a single package file I had asked it to open. I had to reboot it a few times and put that in manual
Erm, exactly how would I do that?

plasticbox
8th Sep 2014, 1:21 AM
This post (http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/12616505/#Comment_12616505) (granthes @ EA forums, same issue) might probably help you to sort it out.

lolwutermelon
8th Sep 2014, 1:24 AM
Welp, I finally got it to work. It turns out there was a problem with the registry key, so yeah. Thank you all for your help, though! :)

SuffieCutie1
8th Sep 2014, 6:34 PM
I'm having the same problem. Please help! :(

Srikandi
13th Sep 2014, 3:48 AM
I'm having the same problem. Please help! :(

Did you try this? http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/12616505/#Comment_12616505