PDA

View Full Version : Problem With S4PE


Remort
23rd Sep 2014, 10:41 PM
Hello everyone

I don't know if this has already been asked or not, if yes this thread may be deleted.

My S4PE Tool won't update any DDS-files i load into a package-file.
I created a new file, loaded the resource-file which i extracted from the clientfullbuild6-package, when i changed the texture, and i load it into the s4pe tool, it looks like the new texture, but when i click on empty space, and then on the resource again, it shows me the untouched texture from the original package file. how is this possible? is there a way to get it to work?

thank you in advance

Frank from Luxemburg

CmarNYC
24th Sep 2014, 2:34 PM
Exactly how did you load the texture into s4pe? You should right-click the old texture in s4pe, click Import from DDS, and select your image. It should then ask you to confirm and when you do it updates the texture.

Remort
24th Sep 2014, 7:40 PM
Exactly how did you load the texture into s4pe? You should right-click the old texture in s4pe, click Import from DDS, and select your image. It should then ask you to confirm and when you do it updates the texture.

That's exactly what i did. And still this error happens. I tried it at least 50 times now :(

MyreMylar
24th Sep 2014, 9:34 PM
What texture are you trying to change? Are you definitely pressing yes to the commit changes popup?

Also, try saving the package after committing it doesn't clear out the old texture resource immediately just marks it for deletion.

rebecah
26th Sep 2014, 6:50 PM
S4PE was compressed with 7zip, which is not compatible with other zip/compression programs, although it names the file as a zip it is not a true zip format. Try unzipping the s4pe file with 7zip.

Remort
7th Oct 2014, 2:05 AM
sorry for the late response, well i tried everything you told me but nothing worked...i think i have to wait for a newer version of s4pe or it is just something on my laptop that bugs..

Remort
14th Oct 2014, 8:08 PM
alright i got the problem solved, i was to blindfolded to realize that i had to click on "REPLACE", so i always clicked on load DDS....so now it works.....finally! Thank you for your help anyways :)