PDA

View Full Version : Probably a really stupid recolor question...

quinn222
23rd May 2005, 2:24 AM
But I can't find the answer to it.

I can recolour Maxis objects using either the wizard or the Object Workshop. But objects not made by Maxis don't show up in the Object Workshoip. I know some of the are recolourable because the sites where I got them give permission to recolour and I've seen recolours of them. So how to do I open those files to recolor?

JessicaRitchie
23rd May 2005, 2:35 AM
Not a stupid question quinn had the same thing happen to me. I think mine happened when I removed files and put them back in, it happened after I had been using Workshop for a long time.
I looked in "options" and under "File table" I hit "Add download folder" and checked SimPe and they were there again. You want to make sure that your top line is
File: c/Doc and Setting/downloads etc (whereever your downloads are located)
You can use the up and down on the right to get it to the top.
Hope this helps

Jessica

LyricLee
23rd May 2005, 3:10 AM
If you have the latest simPE when you open object workshop it will take you to a list of ingame objects. If you look at the window there is a tab that says "load object" hit the tab and navigate through your downloads folder to the downloaded object you want to recolor and hit start. just be sure its a-recolorable and b-the owner has given permission.

quinn222
23rd May 2005, 4:46 AM
Thanks so much, I'll give it a try in the morning.

nova-storm
23rd May 2005, 5:15 AM
If you have the latest simPE when you open object workshop it will take you to a list of ingame objects. If you look at the window there is a tab that says "load object" hit the tab and navigate through your downloads folder to the downloaded object you want to recolor and hit start. just be sure its a-recolorable and b-the owner has given permission.

Thanks LyricLee! I just rated you Bennie!! lol!

I had a hard time finding this so here it is!
http://sims.ambertation.de/realdownload.shtml this is where you find simspe ;)

quinn222
23rd May 2005, 1:01 PM
Thank you both so much, I tried both of your methods and it worked like a charm.