From its origins as a family home when first built in 1890 the story of Calstone House has been stained with sadness, tragedy and horror. The events that have taken part in the house and its grounds have left their infection in the very walls and foundations of the property even today.
In 1890 Sir Michel Calstone married the orphan Miss Alessia Wincham and had Calstone House built in preparation for his family. By 1896 the couple were still childless and then in August of that year Alessia mysteriously disappeared.
1911 - Dr Sebastien Cale proven to be Sir Michel's illegitimate son becomes the new owner of Calstone House and transforms it into a private clinic and hospital for the criminally insane. The clinic is open until 1924 when the house is found closed under horrific circumstances and Dr Cale has disappeared never to be found again either alive or dead...
1969 - August. The house has been empty and abandoned for decades when it is purchased by a woman calling herself Ms Elinor Wincham. She transforms the house back to its former glory and opens it as a Guest house. She opens the doors to the public on Halloween.
Over the years the Guest house has become more and more rundown, the house darker and more neglected yet it is still open to those guests desperate enough to stay here.
Rumour has it that many people have checked into the Guest house and indeed many have checked out but they are never seen again. Then theres the room in the cellar full of luggage and belongings from the missing guests - did they leave all their things behind?