Mod The Sims
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Posted 16th Aug 2006 at 4:55 AM - Viewed 6564 times. Direct link to this thread
3 Comments / replies (Who?) , 39 times thanked
Title: Hilltop Chapel
Category: Lots and Housing > Residential > Lots over 20,000
Lot Size: Medium (4x3)
EPs required: University and Nightlife
This is an abandoned chapel that I recently built for my little vampire Sim. Standard features are balcony, living room, 1 bathroom, open-plan kitchen/dining and an underground basement bedroom (tomb). The chapel is perched on a small lakeside hill and joined to the road by a winding path that carves its way up through the landscape to the main front gate. While the interior is not mansion sized, there is ample room for a single sim or a couple; perfect for the single vampire who sleeps all day and paints the town red all night! The chapel is completely unfurnished and built using only Maxis materials. The chapel has been scanned with and is custom-content and hack free.
- The chapel was intended to house the medieval furnishings, but as they are among the most expensive objects I chose to leave them out. You may wish to revamp the walls and flooring and go for a more modern feel.
- Your Sims will naturally follow the pathway, however they will cut some of the corners slightly. I tried changing the terrain to prevent this but found once it became too steep it was not possible to paint leaving great big white blemishes (which looked terrible). If you prefer that your Sims do not deviate from the path the tiniest bit, using the moveobjects on cheat and a couple of well placed ground lights or low fencing will keep them on track. (see snapshot 'Hilltop Chapel 7_SimOnPathway') As Sims are not really meant to walk on inclines their feet may occasionally disappear into the ground, but it is a minor drawback.
- The basement bedroom comfortably houses one bed (or coffin) but can be enlarged if need be. You can remove foundation to increase the size if you wish to place more down below.
- Unfortunately there is no room for a driveway unless you wanted to remove or remodel the lake.
My chapel would not have been possible if not for this amazing community and all the generous people who so freely give their time and expertise so that we may all enjoy our little worlds a whole lot more.
For more information about this creator and their policies or details, click here.
Expansion / Stuff Packs Required
You must have the expansion or stuff packs listed above installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.
You need to be a Registered Member to be able to download from MTS. Registration allows you to thank and leave comments for the creators, see your download history, participate in the discussions and much more!
Basic Download and Install Instructions:
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract: Use WinRAR (Windows) or Stuffit (Mac) to extract the .sims2pack file(s) from the .rar or .zip file(s).
3. Install: Double-click on the .sims2pack file to install its contents to your game. The files will automatically be installed to the proper location(s).
Need more information?