Mod The Sims
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Posted 30th May 2008 at 7:29 PM - Updated 1st Oct 2008 at 8:14 PM by Numenor : Minor text adjustments - Viewed 53501 times. Direct link to this thread
30 Comments / replies (Who?) , 37 times favourited , 520 times thanked
Information (Click for more details):
This is a picked upload! It showcases some of the best talent and creativity available on MTS and in the community.
THE BATES MOTEL from RETROVILLE
(Bon Voyage 'Hotel' version)
Some of you probably remember the Retroville set published long ago by The Mod Squad (of which I was a member). That set contained an impressive Bates Motel, that I loved since it was first published. But it was a normal community lot, so I decided to make a Bon Voyage "hotel" version from it, usable as lodging location during vacations.
COMMON FEATURES between the Retroville version and this BV version:
The lot has 5 bedrooms near the lower parking, and a 2-storey building uphill, where you can find some shopping facilities (ground floor) and a living room (upstairs).
DIFFERENCES between the Retroville version and this BV version:
DOWNLOADING AND INSTALLING the Bates Motel:
1) You must download the file BatesMotel_(BV-version).zip in any case: it contains the lot (without any extra content). The contains a Sims2pack that you can easily install using either the or the Maxis installer.
2) You should also download the file BatesMotel_RetrovilleContent.zip, that contains the custom content needed by the Bates Motel; extract the files from the and put them in your Downloads folder.
NOTE - If you already have the Retroville version of the Bates Motel, then you don't need to download the file BatesMotel_RetrovilleContent.zip, because it contains the very same packages (only the required ones) already released with the Retroville version.
This lot is a hotel and therefore Bon Voyage is strictly required. In addition to BV, any other EP is welcome (I created it in a "OnlyBV" game created with the AGS, so the lot doesn't require anything but BV).
All credits go to THE MOD SQUAD for the lot and the custom content, except the small additions by me as listed above.
The original policy by Mod Squad applies to this download:
Lot Size: 5x5
Lot Price: 154611
CUSTOM CONTENT included in this download
(all created by The Mod Squad for the Retroville set):
- 4 Retroville floors
- 1 Retroville terrain paint
- 7 Retroville wallpapers
- "Bates Motel" sign + grey recolour
- B&W Juke-box
For more information about this creator and their policies or details, click here.
Expansion / Stuff Packs Required
You must have the expansion or stuff packs listed above installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.
You need to be a Registered Member to be able to download from MTS. Registration allows you to thank and leave comments for the creators, see your download history, participate in the discussions and much more!
Basic Download and Install Instructions:
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract: Use WinRAR (Windows) or Stuffit (Mac) to extract the .sims2pack file(s) from the .rar or .zip file(s).
3. Install: Double-click on the .sims2pack file to install its contents to your game. The files will automatically be installed to the proper location(s).
Need more information?
Users who thanked this download also thanked: