Mod The Sims
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Posted 4th Jul 2008 at 11:09 PM - Updated 6th May 2010 at 11:31 PM by CatOfEvilGenius - Viewed 18959 times. Direct link to this thread
11 Comments / replies (Who?) , 11 times favourited , 471 times thanked
Tags: #sweater, #untucked, #separate, #separates, #top, #tops, #winter, #fall, #stripes, #longsleeve, #Maxis, #match
Information (Click for more details):
This is a picked upload! It showcases some of the best talent and creativity available on MTS and in the community.
This is a Maxis Recolour which means that it is a recolour of an item that already exists in your game. Please check the Expansion pack requirements to see which game pack it recolours.
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Expansion pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS2 - check the sidebar.
This is a new mesh recolour, and means that you will need to download the particular mesh itself in order for this to show up in your game. See the Meshes Needed section or read the text for more information.
UPDATE : 9/1/08 Tweaked the mesh bone weights so the bottom hem
will move better when the sim moves. Please redownload the mesh.
The new mesh will overwrite the old. Recolors are unchanged and still work.
UPDATE : added a pink stripe sweater for boys in a separate file
Sim children have almost nothing to wear indoors during fall and winter, so I made them some sweaters (top only). You MUST get both the MESH and RECOLORS to see the sweaters in game.
* Untucked, works with ANY MAXIS BOTTOMS (pants, skirts)
* for Boys and Girls
* has a Fat Morph
Look in the Related Pages Tab at the top of this page!
LOTS more long sleeve shirts, not just sweaters, in there!
Here's four top + bottom combos you could make (black tights here in NEW package)
Here's the same top with all the different Maxis bottoms. I checked that it works from the front, back, and sides.
click for larger image
Here's the 19 different recolors (pink stripes for girls only).
click for larger image
There are a few small glitches when wearing the pleated skirt or mini skirt, when the sim moves. I could have made the top even wider at the bottom, but it would have looked like a bell, so I didn't.
click for larger image
- Do not put my work, in whole or in part, on paysites, including the Exchange.
- You may recolor this, in fact, please do! Do NOT include the mesh with recolors, link back here instead. This is so folks can see ALL the recolors in the recolor box, not because I want to sit on it going mine, mine! The UV map is in the file with the mesh.
- If you upload sims wearing this top, you may include the mesh with uploaded sims, but link back here for credit.
- You may modify my mesh, but please link back here for credit.
- You may use/modify my textures, with credit and a link back here, but you're really better off using the Maxis textures I started from.
BIG Thank You
Lots of thanks to Tiggerypum for meshing tutorials and advice. Thanks to HP, Wes, t2suggas, ang41187, and fakepeeps for their conversion and meshing advice (though Wes doesn't know he helped, hee hee). Thanks to Phaenoh for her multi age/gender tutorial.
1082 (about the same as a Maxis top mesh)
sweater textures: Maxis (modified lots by me)
skin: Idolatry of Flesh by HP (faces changed by me)
eyes: Keen Eyes by Phaenoh
eyebrows: dragonmandy's brows made into defaults by me
For more information about this creator and their policies or details, click here.
Expansion / Stuff Packs Required
You must have the expansion or stuff packs listed above installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.
This is a New mesh
All the items needed for you to use this download should be here on this page. You can check the "Related Pages" tab, if visible, to see if there are alternative colour schemes.
You need to be a Registered Member to be able to download from MTS. Registration allows you to thank and leave comments for the creators, see your download history, participate in the discussions and much more!
Basic Download and Install Instructions:
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract: Use WinRAR (Windows) or Stuffit (Mac) to extract the .package file(s) from the .rar or .zip file(s).
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
Need more information?
#sweater, #untucked, #separate, #separates, #top, #tops, #winter, #fall, #stripes, #longsleeve, #Maxis, #match
There are 3 recolours of this mesh on MTS2:
These recolours may or may not be endorsed by this mesh creator.
Users who thanked this download also thanked: