Mod The Sims
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Posted 21st Oct 2008 at 01:54 AM - Updated 11th Jun 2009 at 08:55 AM by May* - Viewed 6895 times. Direct link to this thread
2 Comments / replies (Who?) , 2 times favourited , 31 times thanked
This is a version of a real modern row house, which I have once visited in the real world. I made it smaller than, if I would want to match it to the original houseís size Ė there is no garage (only a driveway), the hall on 2nd floor is narrower and there is no laundry and separate cloakroom. So now it fits on a 1x5 beach lot*. The real house has an access to lake, this time its sea. On the first floor there are a hall, toilet and the kitchen, dining and living areas. On the second floor there are master bedroom and bathroom and a study, which easily can be turned in another bedroom because house has space for (max) 4 sims. On the third floor there are an area for barbeque and itís decorated with many plants. Each floor has a great view of the sea.
Lot Title: Modern Rowhouse
Lot Size: 1x5 (beach lot; suitable neighbourhood Ė Twikki Island)
Lot type: Residential
Lot Price: 71,977
Lot Played/tested: Yes*
Compatibility: Requires all EPs up to and including Apartment Life (when I saw, what items this EP will have, I started to built this house and left free space for AL objects until I will get it. I also wanted to make 3 rowhouses as apartments, but apartments canít have back door and canít easily be build on beach lots. It just wonít be that, what I want). I have used few items from Kitchen & Bath SP, furniture in bedroom, living area, study and chairs around the house are from Ikea Home Stuff, there also are few decorative items from other SPs. But I didnít use any build mode content from SPs, so if you donít have all SPs up to and including Ikea Home Stuff (except Happy Holiday Stuff), use Sims2Pack Clean Installer to install lot and you will get house with some furniture in rooms missing, which you could replace with available items.
Custom content required, but NOT included:
- "One More" Slot Package For cofeetables by ariffrazalin at MTS2
- "One More" Slot Package For End Tables by ariffrazalin at MTS2
- Standard HIDDEN WallWindow by Numenor at MTS2
(WallWindows require the entire basic set to function properly Ė otherwise they are flashing blue. Anyway, since this window is HIDDEN, it does its thing, even without the full set)
Download these files. Then, before installing lot, put those and two files which I have included in the archive (they are two recolours by me) in your downloads folder.
P.S. Car in the picture is not really placed there. To place car on the driveway you donít need a cheat, but because the driveway goes out of the lot edge, a part of car driving away animation is lost. To move the driveway, you will need to turn moveobjects on.
P.S. To place floor tiles on the outer edge, turn boolprop locktiles false or moveobjects on.
If you like my lot please hit the thanks button.
Custom Content by Me:
- Modern Bathroom Tile
- Modern Bathroom Tile-Peach
- Modern Bathroom Tile-White
Custom Content Included:
- The Armani by Ergo 2-tile Rectangular by zeroth at MTS2
- Bowl with bathroom products by annevs at MTS2
- Day and night cream plus scrub gel by annevs at MTS2
- Deodorant and shaving foam by annevs at MTS2
- KitchenBasic counter by buggybooz at MTS2
- KitchenBasic counter blackjack recolour by buggybooz at MTS2
- KitchenBasic counter chocolatesteal recolour by buggybooz at MTS2
- KitchenBasic counter INVISIBLE for shelves recolour by buggybooz at MTS2
- KitchenBasic cupboard1 by buggybooz at MTS2
- KitchenBasic inbuilt dishwasher version 1 by buggybooz at MTS2
- KitchenBasicFridge1 by buggybooz at MTS2
- KitchenBasic Fridge shinysteal recolour by buggybooz at MTS2
- KitchenBasic low shelf for island no.1 by buggybooz at MTS2
- KitchenBasic IslandShelfMiddle by buggybooz at MTS2
- KitchenBasic top shelf with 1 slot by buggybooz at MTS2
- Kitchenbasic low shelf with 1 slot by buggybooz at MTS2
- KitchenBasic nice round sink by buggybooz at MTS2
- KitchenBasic Sooper dooper cooker by buggybooz at MTS2
- KitchenBasic Trashcompactor by buggybooz at MTS2
- KichenBasicWall Unit by buggybooz at MTS2
- Kettle by buggybooz at MTS2
- Knife rack by buggybooz of MTS2
- Tastytoaster by buggybooz at MTS2
- Prosperous Planters large by buggybooz at MTS2
- Prosperous Planters medium by buggybooz at MTS2
- Prosperous Planters small by buggybooz at MTS2
- Planter no 2 large by buggybooz at MTS2
- Planter no 2 small by buggybooz at MTS2
- Planter no 3 large by buggybooz at MTS2
- Planter no 3 small by buggybooz at MTS2
- Planter no 4 large by buggybooz at MTS2
- Planter no 4 medium by buggybooz at MTS2
- Planter No 4 small by buggybooz at MTS2
- Planter no 5 large by buggybooz at MTS2
- Planter no 5 small by buggybooz at MTS2
- PS 2 tile dining table by buggybooz at MTS2
- Glass Shower Door by blake_boy at MTS2
- Glass Shower Screen by blake_boy at MTS2
- Edge Smoother Gray by Ailias at MTS2
- Planter no 4 large and low by buggybooz at MTS2
- Rangehood1 by Holy Simoly
- Touch of Teak Dinette Chair by Holy Simoly
- Toilet Paper Cosie by IndigoRage at MTS2
- Orchids by macarossi at MTS2
- UpRite Column, Medium #2 Offset by sophie-david at MTS2
- Sip living4 -curtain- by Jasmine at SimsinParis
*This lot was shrunk using LotAdjuster version 1.1. See these links for more information:
LotAdjuster download thread: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=282409
Row house tutorial: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=286909
(Anyway itís not exactly a real Ďrow houseí because I had no need to build on the outer edge Ė then it would be possible to put houses next to an other naturally. But now you can easily change something in the house without worrying about the outer tile).
Since this lot was shrunk, I tested it especially carefully, nothing odd, not related to it's tiny size, wasn't discovered.
For more information about this creator and their policies or details, click here.
Expansion / Stuff Packs Required
You must have the expansion or stuff packs listed above installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.
You need to be a Registered Member to be able to download from MTS. Registration allows you to thank and leave comments for the creators, see your download history, participate in the discussions and much more!
Basic Download and Install Instructions:
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract: Use WinRAR (Windows) or Stuffit (Mac) to extract the .sims2pack file(s) from the .rar or .zip file(s).
3. Install: Double-click on the .sims2pack file to install its contents to your game. The files will automatically be installed to the proper location(s).
Need more information?
Users who thanked this download also thanked: