Mod The Sims
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Posted 25th Oct 2008 at 03:50 PM - Updated 14th Mar 2009 at 08:50 PM by Numenor : Restored missing attachment - Viewed 58725 times. Direct link to this thread
57 Comments / replies (Who?) , 95 times favourited , 1264 times thanked
Information (Click for more details):
This is a picked upload! It showcases some of the best talent and creativity available on MTS and in the community.
This is a Maxis Recolour which means that it is a recolour of an item that already exists in your game. Please check the Expansion pack requirements to see which game pack it recolours.
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Expansion pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS2 - check the sidebar.
This is a new mesh recolour, and means that you will need to download the particular mesh itself in order for this to show up in your game. See the Meshes Needed section or read the text for more information.
COURTESY LIGHTS / EMERGENCY LAMPS28 NOV 2008 - BUGFIX (non-blue lamps are now selectable from the collection, too + the low red lamp now correctly decreases its intensity when picked and placed)
* with custom coloured lights *
>> by Numenor <<
26 OCT 2008 - BUGFIX (floor lamps moved to ceiling when changing the bulb colour)
Your rooms are pitch black when the lights go off? Tired of stumbling on the furniture? The hotel guests have troubles finding their room because the corridor is too dark? Fiat lux! With these Courtesy Lights your steps will be safe
The Courtesy Lights will automatically lit up whenever the room is dark, when the standard lamps are off during nighttime, or in windowless rooms.
The lamps come in two versions (positioned at the top or bottom of the wall) and four custom light colours (blue, white, amber and red).
They can be useful in many cases, for example (just to mention a few):
- Radiance users, while appreciating the overall lighting effect, often have problems clicking objects in unlit rooms, because they are too dark; the dim light cast by the Courtesy Lights will help seeing the objects in the room, while not ruining the realistic effect granted by the Radiance.
- Smarter Lights users will appreciate the nice effect provided by the Courtesy Lights, that automatically turn on and off, room-by-room, as soon as the main light goes off.
- All the users, with the Courtesy Lights set at low-level intensity, can add a suggestive touch to a special room or outdoor environment; when used at high-level intensity, these lamps (especially the white one) will act as Emergency Lamps. If still someone uses some old mods that enable the hidden "Power Outage Scenario", they can play the scenario with the Emergency Lights turned on.
- Sci-fi lovers will particularly appreciate the red lamps, perfect for starships in "red alert" conditions
First off, you have to find the lamps in the catalog
I don't like clogging the users' catalog with a lot of icons, so I reduced the icons to two only (blue lamp, high and low version). You can select all the various colour directly in game, clicking on the lamp, or using the special collection, embedded in the object: just look under Collections, either in the Residential or Community catalog, and you will see all the 8 icons (2 versions x 4 colours each).
IMPORTANT: the alternative meshes and light colours are strictly interconnected, within the package; therefore, deleting one colour, or one mesh, or the 'collection', will cause the entire set to be deleted.
The pie menu available on each lamp offers the following options:
GAME TIPS FOR LOT BUILDERS
The Courtesy Lights are supposed to be used mainly in residential lots; if you are going to create a community lot, or if you want to place the lights in a residential lot that contains no playable sims, of course the pie menu won't be available. In this cases, you can use the following workarounds:
The Courtesy Lights are fully compatible with any game configuration, from the base game to Apartment Life. Moreover, they are fully compatible (they are actually tweaked to work in conjunction with) the Radiance mod and the Smarter Lights. These lamps are not global mods, and therefore can't conflict with any global mods related to light and lamps.
Inside the attached archive, you will find:
- the file Numenor_CourtesyLight.package, that must be installed in your Downloads folder;
- four ".nlo" files containing the custom light definitions; these files require the Scriptorium in order to be installed; after installing the Scriptorium, double-click on the shortcut "Scriptorium_CustomLights" that you will find in yout Downloads folder: it will open up a window, where you have to put the four ".nlo" files extracted from the RAR.
IMPORTANT - Using the Scriptorium and installing the custom light definitions is not strictly required. The lamps already contain the light definitions, but there is a known bug in the game that causes the light not to be reflected by walls and floors, when you exit and re-enter the lot. In order to prevent this bug, you are strongly advised to install the custom light definitions via the Scriptorium.
Before you ask, NO, the light can't be recoloured. Only the frame surrounding the bulb is recolourable: the lamps come with two colour options for the frame: metallic gray and wood.
DON'T CLONE - DON'T REPOST ANYWHERE. You can include the lamps in your lots, as long as you upload them to 100% free sites (NO EXCHANGE), give credits to me and provide a link to this very thread. You can recolour the frame, and upload the recolours to any site, as long as you DON'T include the mesh, and provide a link to this very thread.
416 faces, 563 vertices for each lamp.
For more information about this creator and their policies or details, click here.
Expansion / Stuff Packs Required
You must have the expansion or stuff packs listed above installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.
This is a New mesh
All the items needed for you to use this download should be here on this page. You can check the "Related Pages" tab, if visible, to see if there are alternative colour schemes.
You need to be a Registered Member to be able to download from MTS. Registration allows you to thank and leave comments for the creators, see your download history, participate in the discussions and much more!
Basic Download and Install Instructions:
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract: Use WinRAR (Windows) or Stuffit (Mac) to extract the .package file(s) from the .rar or .zip file(s).
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
Need more information?
Users who thanked this download also thanked: