Mod The Sims
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Posted 25th Jun 2009 at 07:55 PM - Updated 7th Dec 2009 at 05:31 PM by May* - Viewed 19811 times. Direct link to this thread
8 Comments / replies (Who?) , 4 times favourited , 89 times thanked
Tags: #future, #futuristic, #retro, #vintage, #disneyland, #50s, #1957, #lake, #family, #ikea, #fallout
I always wanted to make something retro, so I couldn’t resist to build this one: House of the Future was an attraction in Disneyland which was opened in 1957. Good and interesting information and photos can be found here.
There’s one livable floor, in the center are kitchen and bathrooms but in each ‘wing’ one room – living room, children room, master bedroom and dining/family room. House has space (max) for 4 sims. On the right is also a sloped driveway (for one car).
Lot Title: House of The Future 1957
Lot Size: 3x3
Lot Type: Residential
Lot Price: 127,069
Lot Played/Tested: Yes
Compatibility: Requires ALL EPs (up to and including Apartment Life) and Garden & Mansion Stuff. I have installed all SPs (except for H&M Fashion and Happy Holiday), but I tried to use only objects from Ikea Home Stuff – so only this one is required. Use to install lot.
The master files (Blake’s Annie modular sofa and Holy Simoly sofa), diagonals for curtains and recolors, which didn’t package with the lot – for all are the same credits as below - are included in the archive.
Custom Content NOT included:
- Vinyls Player by Sandy at ATS
- Chair by Stylist Sims (7th set counting from above)
- WallWindow Seamless BASIC set by Numenor at MTS
*To join up sofa requires Inge's sectionalsofa patch If you have Shaklin's sectionalsofa patch, you'll have to remove that from your downloads folder in order for this to work.
*I recommend to play this lot with walls up, because of the windows.
*If you want sims to fish in the lake you must remove fence somewhere and also the colored pond surface (just grab in any place).
If you like my lot, please hit the thanks button.
Custom Content by Me:
- Recolor yellow for frame for SS Modern Window
- Recolor 1 for Seamless WallWindow glass
- Recolor 2 for Seamless WallWindow glass
- Recolor 3 for Seamless WallWindow glass
- "Paste" Siding 01
- "Paste" Siding 05
Custom Content Included:
- Maylin curtains -1 tile Long- by -Maylin- at MTS
- Edge Smoother White by Ailias at MTS
- "Annie" Modular Sofa Ottoman by blake_boy at MTS
- Pets NeoQuartzo Upper Cabinet by CTNutmegger at MTS
- Candice Olson 'Beckett' Chair by Holy Simoly
- 'Simply Elegant' Double Long Curtains *AL Version* by Holy Simoly
- JB Lakewater Green large by jon119 at MTS
- SS Modern Window black by Shiny sims (site now gone but allowed including in lots)
- Frame for SS Modern Window by Shiny sims (site now gone but allowed including in lots)
- Invisible Floor Tile by moonlight_muse at MTS
- Simple Desk recolor ikeabirch white by Sixtyten at AweSims
- Simple Desk by Sixtyten at AweSims
- Shiftable 90 right Shelf 2 by SilentLucidity at MTS
- Shiftable 90 right Shelf 2 invisible by SilentLucidity at MTS
- Shiftable OMSP 6, Smaller by SilentLucidity at MTS
- Shiftable OMSP 6, Smaller invisible by SilentLucidity at MTS
- My House - Bath - Wallight01 by Solander at pimp-my-sims
- <Part#1> Retainingwall Fence & Wall - STRAIGHT by tbudgett at MTS
- <Part#1> Retainingwall Fence & Wall - CORNER by tbudgett at MTS
- <Part#2> Retaining Wall Top - CORNER by tbudgett at MTS
Neighbourhood in the picture is TinyTown004 by Lala2007.
Creators of and tutorials and threads in Object recoloring section.
V1ND1CARE for her „Tutorial on How to Create Zero-, One-, Two- and Three- Click Walls”.
For more information about this creator and their policies or details, click here.
Expansion / Stuff Packs Required
You must have the expansion or stuff packs listed above installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.
You need to be a Registered Member to be able to download from MTS. Registration allows you to thank and leave comments for the creators, see your download history, participate in the discussions and much more!
Basic Download and Install Instructions:
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract: Use WinRAR (Windows) or Stuffit (Mac) to extract the .sims2pack file(s) from the .rar or .zip file(s).
3. Install: Double-click on the .sims2pack file to install its contents to your game. The files will automatically be installed to the proper location(s).
Need more information?
Users who thanked this download also thanked: