Mod The Sims
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Posted 27th Apr 2010 at 04:07 AM - Updated 12th Feb 2011 at 01:11 AM by Sophie-David : Added infobutton - Viewed 25204 times. Direct link to this thread
19 Comments / replies (Who?) , 16 times favourited , 339 times thanked
Tags: #FreeTime sewing machine, #invisible sewing machine, #grungy sewing machine, #medieval sewing machine, #Victorian sewing machine
Title: FreeTime Invisible Sewing Machine Mod, with Recolours
1) In response to a request, to provide an invisible sewing machine for use in medieval scenarios. The tiny modification file - sdFreeTimeSewingMachine_Invisible.package - is the only package required to implement an invisible sewing machine. This makes the sewing machine suitable for superimposing on dragonarts' spinning wheel (shown above), or on a simple table.
2) To provide several optional sewing machine recolours. Using the modified file, I developed seven recolours of the previously non-recolourable metallic components of the sewing machine. I also included one standard sewing machine recolour - the sdFreeTimeSewingMachine_Machine_Weathered.package.
If you wish to place the invisible sewing machine to give the effect of an operational spinning wheel, use "moveobjects on" to put one object on the same two tiles as the other. A chair will be required at the front, on the righthand tile. Alternately, you can suggest the effect of hand sewing by placing the invisible sewing machine on the same tile as a small table. If you use a one tile table, I suggest using "boolprop snapobjectstogrid false" to move the table slightly to the left so that the fabric will appear to be supported by the table.
This code-free (no BHAV) modification overrides the sewing machine's geometric node (GMND) so as to make the three metallic components of the sewing machine recolourable, and hence potentially invisible. There is also a shape (SHPE) override to suppress the object's built-in shadows. Lastly, three material overrides (MMATs) implement the default colour of the metallic components, plus the invisible recolour of the machine itself and the invisible recolour of the metallic components.
The lot packager will not automatically package this object modification or the recolours, so if you with to upload them with a lot please remember to include the recolours in a separate archive with your other unpackaged recolours.
You may include this object mod. and any optional recolours in uploaded lots, whether for free or pay. Please include a credit and link to this page.
StephSim for her object requests, general inspiration, and the use of her medieval "Shadows of Gwrych" Reeves's Lot to model this recolour.
SimPE and CEP for Sims 2 object creation
Corel Web Photo Paint, IrfranView, GIMP 2, Microsoft Photo Editor and Microsoft Paint for graphics file editing, texturing, conversion, and sizing
Numenor's AnyGameStarter, for development and testing
The Guild Masters Dark Project, for the costume used in the demo pictures
For more information about this creator and their policies or details, click here.
Expansion / Stuff Packs Required
You must have the expansion or stuff packs listed above installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.
You need to be a Registered Member to be able to download from MTS. Registration allows you to thank and leave comments for the creators, see your download history, participate in the discussions and much more!
Basic Download and Install Instructions:
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract: Use WinRAR (Windows) or Stuffit (Mac) to extract the .package file(s) from the .rar or .zip file(s).
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
Need more information?
#FreeTime sewing machine, #invisible sewing machine, #grungy sewing machine, #medieval sewing machine, #Victorian sewing machine
The creator also recommends you check the following:
dragonarts' beautiful spinning wheel goes very well with this invisible sewing machine
Users who thanked this download also thanked: