So, we've been having quite a number of lag issues in Help since Generations was released that apparently cannot be solved by using mods. Something about this EP or patch
1.22 makes all the stuck Sims congregate to the spots more frequently, and who wants to do resetSim * every 30 mins?
Tired of waiting for others to offer the fixed resources, and tired of the same dang threads in Help, I finally took the plunge and took a look at the .world files in CAW. Well, the pictures would speak for themselves.
Instead of typing out and repeating the instructions for each Resource Fix I plan to upload, I've decided to write the instructions on the Wiki. Game Help:World Routing Lagswiki
. An excerpt is below:
Based on these threads,
and that games needed to be reset, every few hours, even with the suggestions in Game Help:Intermittent Freezeswiki
, I took a look at more .world files and found the same Routing breakdowns that HP found in her Bridgeport Fix.
This download does not go into /Mods/Packages folder like other CC. There's some work you need to do in order to get the fix in your game.
Edit with S3PE
Notes & Changelog
- Oct 18, 2011 update:
- Compatible with patch 1.26.89. Would most likely be compatible with any patches in the future as well.
- If you had renamed the modified worlds to *.fixed before patching (or installing new add-on), you can simply renamed the pair of them back to *.orig and .world respectively, as the Wiki instructions state
- Jul 31st 2011 update:
- Compatible with patch 1.24.3. Doesn't look like the .world files are touched by the 1.24 patch, or any patches so far, for that matter.
- From PMs, where some have asked if I corrected overlapping, disconnected Roads, detached Lots (those not aligned with the Roads properly), etc - the answer is No.
This is just the Resources for the Sims-non-routable and no-camera-routable painting. So if there are other fixes that offer other corrections, you can mix and match the Resources and import them into the .world files. I might take a look at doing a more comprehensive fix in the future, that cause more glitches not related to the programming aspects (if I find any, or if no other Downloads offer them, or if it is a slow day in Help sections ). So keep those feedback coming, you guys (in the threads preferably instead of PMs so others may learn the spots as well). Thanks.
- France has an extra resource for the Roads resource, because of this little gem.
As always, feedback is welcomed.
Please report any other areas that you get stuck Sims at that I might have missed.
Armiel, simsample, HP, drowsap and all others in CAW who figured out how to edit pre-packed worlds, writing tutorials and sharing their CAW expertise.
HP and her Bridgeport Fix which showed me the steps on how to do this.
Rainbow_Brite's "WaitToTravel" mod that I tweaked to allow me to travel within 5min of arriving back home.
Inge & Peter for S3PE, of course.