Gwrych Barony 1x2 Merchant Cottage: POTTER
Gwrych Barony 1x2 Merchant Cottage
**POTTER'S COTTAGE*** (NO STUFF PACKS)
Potter Cottage INFORMATION:
1 x 2
2 Bedrooms with 2 beds (Sleeps 3)
This 1x2 lot is ideal for a Potter who lives close to the main village. It includes a master bedroom and a second bedroom for an apprentice or a young child. There is a cozy living space with a sitting area, a dining area and a kitchen. This house has 3 entrances to the main building.
There is also a small barn. It is for personal use for the merchant's family. It has one small stall (which is loaded with pottery). There is a small work area (with a Crystal Ball computer). There are 2 entrances to the barn. The side door leads out to the the pig pen and the henhouse. There are a series of gates leading from the pig pen to the henhouse and out to the rear of the property.
The rear of the property has a small barbecue area and a chess barrel. There is also an ax throwing log to the west of the property.
*Ermelind has other roof options available at her site here if you are interested:
*The kitchen appliances are included. In the Gwrych lots, the refrigerator is typically invisible and can be found in a bucket of food under a counter. There is also an invisible dishwasher that is also located under a kitchen counter and accessed by clicking on the bucket of water beneath the counter. The Pot Belly stove by Numenor serves as both stove and trash compactor.
*There are lots of BARRELS in the game thanks to Sophie-David. Some are tables, others chairs and others purely decorative with neat clickable options. Still others are trash barrels. I suggest you click around and discovery how things work in the lot for yourself.
*This lot comes with an invisible smoke detector in the necessary rooms. There are also burglar alarms hidden behind certain furniture so they don't stand out. Please note, I have an adjustable height patch (created for my use by Sophie-David) that allowed me to raise and lower the burglar alarm at will. If you move the burglar alarms, you will not be able to get them back as they were.
*This lot is not meant to be a home business, BUT by adding adding a few shelves in the barn, placing the pottery on the shelves and adding a cash register, you can easily transform the barn into a small pottery store. There will be other lots that are home businesses.
*Since this is a medieval themed lot, you can download patches that will allow your Simmies to earn physical points for dancing and ax throwing. Links below:
Earn Physical Points Dancing http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...pic,2383.0.html - More Awesome Than You
Earn Physical Points Ax-Throwing http://www.modthesims.info/d/435442 - Sophie-David
Enjoy the download!
Lot Size: 1x2
Lot Price: 50,069
CUSTOM CONTENT: All necessary Custom Content is included in the download for this lot.
Custom Content by Me:
- Medieval Floor 42
- Elemental - Stones 2 Terrain
- Beach Grass Terrain 1
- Medieval Terrain 14
- Medieval Terrain 16
- Medieval Terrain 18
Custom Content Included:
- Lantern Red Mesh & Black Recolour by -Maylin-
- Merry-making 1 Tile Table by Ailias
- Amphore Vase by hopebayler
- Delectable Variety Breads and Bread Roll Basket by mdhttr323
- Single Floor Mattress by Atavera (retired)
- Sims Acres Horse Feed by Paleoanth
- Toddler Rideable Piglett by Rebecah
- Good ole' fashioned Chess on a good ole'fashioned cracker barrel. by Aligeth @ MTS2
- Medieval Awnings by Crocobaura
- Insane Sorcerer Crystal Ball TV by Cthulhu Gizmos Inc. by wintermuteai1
- 3x4 Floor Rug by Nicolafred
- Hay Bale by Paleoanth
- Axe, Saw, Shovel and Handcart by Hexameter
- Wood Roof by Ermelind
- Pile of Wood by feeEssen
- Hen & Hen Houseby Tarox
- Invisible Smoke Alarm by pfish
- Banya Broom by Jeka
- Atlanta Wall Mirror by Parsimonious Sims 2
- "Eponymous Garden" Foxgloves by Parsimonious Sims 2
- "Imperial" Simple Candle Lamp by Parsimonious Sims 2
- "Mottleweed" Witches Broomstick by Parsimonious Sims 2
- "Pirate Bay" Fence, Door and 3 Windows by Parsimonious Sims 2
- Decorative Mailbox Cover & Rustic Recolour by Parsimonious Sims 2
- "Sultana" Jug by Parsimonious Sims 2
- "Trading Places" Earthenware Vase & Recolour 2 by Parsimonious Sims 2
- "Winterwood" Table Lantern by Parsimonious Sims 2
- "Woodcutter" Kitchen Bathtub by Parsimonious Sims 2
- Mortar and pestle by Lethe_s
- Music Box by Lethe_s
- Wallpaper mask by Dark Project
- Just a Ladder & Gray Recolour by marvine
- Medieval Bench, Toilet and Kitchen Bench by Tarox
- Pottery - Mesh & Recolour by Blacky
- Pet Bowl - Tree Bark by feeEssen
- "Good Ol' Times" Coal Stove (UV) by Numenor
- Magazine Rack Recolor by Shoukeir
- Magazine Rack & Magazines by Numenor
- Antique Scroll-in-a-Box Table Phone Base & Handset by HystericalParoxysm
- Firewood Shed by RealGanacampo
- Comfy Bucket Chair by Sophie-David
- Decorative Barrel & Bucket by Sophie-David
- Decorative Puddle Master, Chocolate Recolour and Prodigious Size by Sophie-David
- Barrel End Table and Table by Sophie-David
- Horizontal Sack Master & 3 Recolours by Sophie-David
- Simple Barrel by Sophie-David
- Storage Bucket by Sophie-David
- Trash Barrel Master by Sophie-David
- Barrel Content Apples, Oats and Potatoes by Sophie-David
- Barrel Colors Dark Oak, Aged Oak, Old Oak and Dark Red by Sophie-David
- Water Bucket by Sophie-David
- simsisticmeat1412 by simsistic
- Recolour by Lord Darcy at MTS2
- Pelt Rug 2 and 3 by Magick Modders
- Pelt Wall Mask 1 by The Guild Masters
- Plaster Village House Set (2-6, 11, 12, 14) by sunni9676
- Medieval Wall by Magick Modders
- Xanathonian Crystalsphere Personal Conjurer (PC) by xanathon
- Medieval Door Recolours - Just a Door & Open Sesame by Magick Modders
- Second Hand Bedspread by Dewshine
- Dark Wood Maxis Set (Chair, & Table) by DLMulsow
- Hearthstone Quilt Recolors - 2d and 4a by Gwenke33
- 3 piece Plain Mountain Bed Set Recolours by Justmoi
- Stone Maxis Sink Recolour by Mia86
- Maxis Wood Recolours Counter, Spice Rack, Juice Rack and Shelf by Kalimero
- Invisible Mini Fridge & Invisible Dishwasher by Sophie-David
- Straw Bedding by The Guild Masters
Love the outdoor crafting area, up on the balcony. :D
Thanks! I had been looking all over for a house (a decent house, that is) for my merchants to live in, but I couldn't find one. All the medieval houses you create are amazing and stick to the theme very well.
I really like your lots, but I really think that they have too much custom content in them. Can you make unfurnished lots?
Use the clean installer to install your lot package, and then you can pick and choose what you want to install! Good luck...
Steph, my friend, once again...AWESOME JOB!!!! Beautiful as always!!!
Thank you! :D
I created that with you in mind! You notice the intricate little details. There are two more merchant cottages on the way. One for a Blacksmith and the other is a 3 story jewel for a Seamstress (on the first floor of the main house) and a Cooper (in the barn). The later has a home business version and is quite profitable when playing!
You are welcomed! As I just said to Cat, there are 2 more on the way. Also, these may be helpful too with a bit of redecorating using the roofs, walls and floors of your choice. http://www.modthesims.info/d/418738. Enjoy the lots!
child of air,
Since the purpose of these lots is to give medieval Simmers ready to play lots, the use of CC is pivotal. I try to stick to the same CC for most of my lots so most of the items are already in your game if you download much of my Gwrych collection. In addition, I try to use Maxis recolours when possible. A lot of the CC I use is also very small in size as it is simple decorative things that bring medieval to life. For the Gwrych series, I honestly cannot make apologies for the CC. It is necessary.
BUT...if you really like a lot design, as jbeach suggested, what you may wish to do is to use the Clean Installer, click on the "Type" tab to sort the objects by type, and "un-check" everything BUT the Lot Segment, Terrains, Walls, Floors, and Ermelind's roof (file called Holzdach). I would also add the objects in the (Maxis) Recolor folder included in the zip. It includes doors and counters and such. You will then have the shell that you desire. Of course it will need a bit of decluttering when you enter it for the first time.
You are most welcomed and thank you for the input and the compliment!
great! although alot of custom content is requird
Thanks for the compliment.
You do realize you don't have to collect the CC yourself, it is included in the lot? If you prefer not to use CC, there is always a solution (see above Post #6 response to child of air).
With that said, I'm not going to respond to comments about Custom Content. It's easy to get on bandwagons about Custom Content, EPs used, etc. For every person who is a Lot Purist (anti EPs, CC, etc.) for whatever reason, there are others who are not. But, my designs are not about that ongoing personal battle. MTS allows for CC and I don't exceed their parameters when creating and uploading my lots. While, I have adapted my "medieval" lots for posters over time, these are player ready "medieval" lots and much of the CC has been created for use in these lots. It's like saying to Picasso that his cubist work is too shapely! If you like and can use the lot, download it. If you want to remove the CC, do so. It really isn't difficult. But please don't flood my threads with CC banter. As I will not respond to it from this point on.
Now, back to finishing up this Gwrych project for me!
Do I have to say it?
You are welcomed.
I am the kind of simmer you make this stuff for. I want it all and I love all your work.
Thank you sincerely, kamra61! Do enjoy the lot!
|All times are GMT +1. The time now is 8:04 AM.|
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.14
Copyright ©2000 - 2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.