Inspired by saphryn's Depressed trait
, iridescentlaura's Social Anxiety Disorder trait
, emile20's Bipolar trait
, and miceylulu's Borderline Personality Disorder trait
, I have made a trait to portray Generalized Anxiety Disorder.
Generalized anxiety disorder (GAD) is an anxiety disorder characterized by excessive, uncontrollable and often irrational worry, that is, apprehensive expectation about events or activities. This excessive worry often interferes with daily functioning, as individuals with GAD typically anticipate disaster, and are overly concerned about everyday matters such as health issues, money, death, family problems, friendship problems, interpersonal relationship problems, or work difficulties. [x]
- Bladder, Hygiene, Fun, and Energy decrease at a faster rate. Hunger and Social decrease slower.
- Creative skills, especially musical skills, are built faster, as they are common coping mechanisms for people who suffer from this disorder. The Video gaming skill also increases faster.
- If you have Spa Day, the Wellness skill is built faster, as meditation and yoga are common coping skills.
- Since it is hard to balance anxiety with logic, the Logic skill is harder to build.
- Social skills are harder to build.
- Anxious Sims find it harder to succeed in "high-stress" or "high-risk" jobs: Astronaut, Business, Secret Agent, Doctor (Get to Work), and Politics (City Living). It is easier for them to succeed in other jobs, though: Painter and Tech Guru.
- Teens with the trait have a harder time succeeding in school, and succeeding in the Retail career.
- Sims with GAD often feel misunderstood, so it is harder for them to build relationships.
There are six buffs Anxious Sims will get.
- Feeling Anxious: Your Sim is feeling anxious, like something might go wrong at any moment. 80% chance of appearing, +3 Tense, 6hrs
- Ruminating: What if, what if, what if... Your Sim can't stop running everything over and over in their mind. 50% chance of appearing, +3 Tense, 4hrs
- Panic Attack!: It's too much! Your Sim has been overcome with their anxiety and is having a panic attack! 15% chance of appearing, +8 Tense, 4hrs
- It's Over: The panic attack has passed. Your Sim is exhausted now. Always appears after a panic attack, +5 Dazed, 4hrs
- Sick of Being Sick: Why can't I be normal? Dealing with anxiety every day is sometimes enough to make your Sim cry! 30% chance of appearing, +3 Sad, 4hrs
- Feeling Calm: The anxiety has subsided. Your Sim is feeling pretty great! 20% chance of appearing, +3 Happy, 4hrs
This mod is, of course, based on my own experiences with anxiety. If you have any suggestions, like adjusting anything with the trait or more moodlets, let me know and I'll be happy to add/adjust it. I would also like to make a PTSD trait in the future, so if you have suggestions for that as well, let me know.
Zerbu for his amazing mod constructor. Thank you, Zerbu!
The awesome modders listed above for their mental illness traits! Thank you for inspiring me to do this!