Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

Theme Seasons and Celebrations - posted on 1st Oct 2017 at 1:52 PM
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Autonomous "Ask to Move In"

by PolarBearSims Posted 10th May 2017 at 1:41 AM - Updated 2nd Sep 2017 at 3:23 PM by PolarBearSims : Patch 8/22/17
15 Comments / replies (Who?) - 9 Feedback Posts, 6 Thanks Posts
Works with Patch: 8/22/17 <--No changes were needed.

I recieved a request to make a mod to allow sims to ask to move in autonomously like they could do in the Sims 3. So here it is!

I don't mind if you make changes to any of these files in any of my mods as long as it is PERSONAL USE ONLY
Continue Reading:


WIP
I have gotten the responses back that I was looking for in testing out this mod. I recieved about the townies asking townies and now have gotten confirmation that an active has autonomously asked a townie to move in! So awsome everyone! Thank you all for your help in testing this mod. By the sounds of the comments and messages I have recieved it is working as expected Just let me know if you notice maybe a certain mood, conversation, trait or relationship seems to have it happening way to much so I can narrow down what needs to be changed. Other than that, testing is now down. Thank you again for your help!

Children, Teens and Elders are set negative to request to move in

Always remove old files before adding new!
Mod ChangeLog: 5/10/17<--Keep updated with current changes!

Common Questions: Please read before asking a question


Thank you all for your help with getting this mod set appropriately! It can not be done with out your help and every explaination of what is happening will help make this mod better!

Any mod that changes the same XML file will conflict!
XML used:
S4_E882D22F_00000000_0000000000017FFC

**********If you would like to support me, please check out my signature! **********

Thank you all for your support!

~ENJOY~

Additional Credits:
S4pe
Notepad++

You must have the expansion, game version or stuff packs listed below installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.

Sims 4
Built with Game Version: 1.29.69
Key: - File was updated after upload was posted
Filename - Tip: You can click the magnifying glass to see the archive contents Size Downloads Date
Ask_to_Move_in_ByPolarbearsims.zip 5.0 KB 4,501 25th May 2017
Don't forget to Thank the creator after downloading! Use the Thanks button located above the screenshots above.
Basic Download and Install Instructions:
1. Download: Click the File tab to see the download link. Click the link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
Read the upload description for installation instructions. If nothing else is specified, do the following:
No Extraction Required (Script Mods):
1. Cut and paste the .zip file(s) into your Mods folder
  • Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\
  • Windows Vista/7/8/8.1: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\
Script mods need to be placed directly in \Mods or one level below that (e.g. \Mods\Scripts) – sub-folders nested any deeper won’t work.
Extraction Required (Everything Else):
1. Use WinRAR (Windows) to extract the .package file(s) from the .rar or .zip file(s).
2. Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Mods folder
  • Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\
  • Windows Vista/7/8/8.1: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\


Need more information?
  • Anyone can use both .rar and .zip files easily! On Windows, use WinRAR.
  • If you don't have a Mods folder, just make one.
  • Mod still not working? Make sure you have script mods enabled
 
15 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 8 Feedback Posts, 6 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Test Subject
#2 Old 10th May 2017 at 4:38 AM
After installing your mod, i receive a "moving in" message; "okay" or "cancel" out of the blue. My sim was alone in the house, so I don't know who was the sim who wanted to move in with me. i never received this message prior to installing your mod, so this message was new. Anyway, because i didn't know who was wanting to move in, i selected cancel.

If this "moving in" message was from your mod, is it anyway you can updated to tell me who wants to move in?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th May 2017 at 4:55 AM Last edited by PolarBearSims : 10th May 2017 at 5:23 AM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by grpruett
After installing your mod, i receive a "moving in" message; "okay" or "cancel" out of the blue. My sim was alone in the house, so I don't know who was the sim who wanted to move in with me. i never received this message prior to installing your mod, so this message was new. Anyway, because i didn't know who was wanting to move in, i selected cancel.

If this "moving in" message was from your mod, is it anyway you can updated to tell me who wants to move in?


I will take a look in the morning. It's the move in interaction that I changed.

Update: I took a look quick before I called a night. I loaded 4 different saves and let them run. I only got the notice once. I clicked on it. It's notifying you of someone else in town being requested to move in. Not your sim. You can either cancel the move in of the townies or choose to move them in
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#4 Old 10th May 2017 at 5:52 AM
I made this mod, in a personal way, I reassure you, for the users, it is my observation, when a Sim is in appointment at the restaurant for example, we regularly have other Sims present on the lot, The mod is active for all, so, the Sims present are likely to want to invite another, it's normal to see a message arrived, that such wants to move. I'm used to, I have not found a way to centralize the action on the active Sim. I use it like that, it works, it is the main for me I have the displacements romantic movements and invite to active, I remind that it is a small mod perso, I liked to share my experience with You simply. If you find the solution, I applaud you (nb;My mod is not about a house move, only romantic and friendly moves)
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#5 Old 10th May 2017 at 7:52 AM
love your autonomous mods as always but I'll skip this one- if there was hating people trait that would be me :P
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#6 Old 11th May 2017 at 12:34 PM Last edited by darksarcasm : 11th May 2017 at 12:52 PM.
well ok its looks like its working, but my sim dose not know groups A and B and the game is asking me should I move them into either one of there houses oh and group A is game generated family of 4, and group B is a pre existing family of 5, I hope you can iron out this bug and have it so that its the active sim gets asked when the active sim gets to a high level of friendship from the non played sim just like the sims 3, '' you and erin kennedy are getting along so well, that he/she is asking if you want to move in together '' <- I know Im close, but I think I mist something

btw I love what you got so far, at least it took 2 sim days for it to pop up, to me that seems like the autonomous part is working
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#7 Old 11th May 2017 at 5:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darksarcasm
well ok its looks like its working, but my sim dose not know groups A and B and the game is asking me should I move them into either one of there houses oh and group A is game generated family of 4, and group B is a pre existing family of 5, I hope you can iron out this bug and have it so that its the active sim gets asked when the active sim gets to a high level of friendship from the non played sim just like the sims 3, '' you and erin kennedy are getting along so well, that he/she is asking if you want to move in together '' <- I know Im close, but I think I mist something

btw I love what you got so far, at least it took 2 sim days for it to pop up, to me that seems like the autonomous part is working


Thank you, recently I made an update that should make it where good friends and higher are the ones asking. I went in and also gave negatives to friends, aquiantances and lower to help keep it from being strangers.
Test Subject
#8 Old 11th May 2017 at 8:44 PM
This Mod is a great idea but i had a issue where i just got to know a sim and the first thing the sim does is asking me to move in with him. That was just get to know and then hey you should move in. Thats just happen way to quickly
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#9 Old 11th May 2017 at 8:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by simsfreak 388
This Mod is a great idea but i had a issue where i just got to know a sim and the first thing the sim does is asking me to move in with him. That was just get to know and then hey you should move in. Thats just happen way to quickly


Check to make sure you have the updated version. There were changes to acquaintances and friends.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#10 Old 12th May 2017 at 2:50 PM
perhaps not this mod related but what I miss in game is telling about engagement option it's as if sims cannot go and tell parents about it.... they just invites them for wedding and these parents are like WTF lol hahahaha
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#11 Old 12th May 2017 at 3:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aadrianova
perhaps not this mod related but what I miss in game is telling about engagement option it's as if sims cannot go and tell parents about it.... they just invites them for wedding and these parents are like WTF lol hahahaha


Yes there are a lot of interactions and things in this game I miss too
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 2nd Jun 2017 at 9:09 PM
Its a great mod!! even i guess could be better if when a sim ask to other to move in, we could see the names of the sims involved before we decide to acept or cancel without opening the window of both families.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#13 Old 17th Jul 2017 at 9:57 AM
Sims autonomously ask to move in with each other constantly. This applies to both homeless sims and sims with homes. When I'm on community lots, I get spammed with it and even when I x out, the same sims ask to move in again repeatedly.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#14 Old 17th Jul 2017 at 2:43 PM Last edited by PolarBearSims : 17th Jul 2017 at 3:11 PM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by drinkmorecocoa
Sims autonomously ask to move in with each other constantly. This applies to both homeless sims and sims with homes. When I'm on community lots, I get spammed with it and even when I x out, the same sims ask to move in again repeatedly.


Not sure based on your comment if that's a good thing or not lol

My suggestion to help slow it down is to use the mod that has the game spawn different sims on lots. Found HERE that way you get different townies on community lots instead of the same ones all the time. That will help reduce the relationships between townies which in return will help slow down the sims asking to move in. hope this helps. Let me know your results! :D

**********If you like my builds, mods or videos you can support me at Patreon! **********

*****Thank you for all of your support!*****
Field Researcher
#15 Old 19th Jul 2017 at 5:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PolarBearSims
Not sure based on your comment if that's a good thing or not lol

My suggestion to help slow it down is to use the mod that has the game spawn different sims on lots. Found HERE that way you get different townies on community lots instead of the same ones all the time. That will help reduce the relationships between townies which in return will help slow down the sims asking to move in. hope this helps. Let me know your results! :D


It's a little overwhelming, and I wasn't sure if this is how it's intended to work. I like for everything in game to be autonomous, so the Sims can live as they choose while I watch, but this is a bit much. I've downloaded the mod you suggested and will see how the combination works. A reason I'm seeing so many move-ins could be that I have the Reduced Townie Generation and No Culling mods, but it seems like I'm seeing it as often between playables that I'm not currently controlling.

Also, it's confusing when one member of a large family asks another member of a large family to move in, but I'm not playing either of them and can't see them, so I have no idea who is asking who to move in. And then it happens over and over again. One, could you make a pop-up in notifications that says who is asking who to move in, and two, could you make it so that when I x out of a move-in attempt, they don't immediately try again for a certain period of time, or is that not something that can be done?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#16 Old 19th Jul 2017 at 9:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drinkmorecocoa
It's a little overwhelming, and I wasn't sure if this is how it's intended to work. I like for everything in game to be autonomous, so the Sims can live as they choose while I watch, but this is a bit much. I've downloaded the mod you suggested and will see how the combination works. A reason I'm seeing so many move-ins could be that I have the Reduced Townie Generation and No Culling mods, but it seems like I'm seeing it as often between playables that I'm not currently controlling.

Also, it's confusing when one member of a large family asks another member of a large family to move in, but I'm not playing either of them and can't see them, so I have no idea who is asking who to move in. And then it happens over and over again. One, could you make a pop-up in notifications that says who is asking who to move in, and two, could you make it so that when I x out of a move-in attempt, they don't immediately try again for a certain period of time, or is that not something that can be done?


Unfortunately bc of the way the game is designed, moving in is done differently than it did in sims 3. The most I can do is put relationship requirements on the interaction to remove the interaction for only when a certain relationship has occured. However, that will stop players from using the interaction sooner as well. A pop up is a good idea, except currently I am not sure how to write than into the code.

**********If you like my builds, mods or videos you can support me at Patreon! **********

*****Thank you for all of your support!*****