Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

2018 MTS Calendar Contest - posted on 12th Nov 2017 at 8:48 PM
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

[UPDATED FOR 1.36] Simulation Lag Fix updated

by duderocks Posted 11th Aug 2017 at 12:19 AM - Updated 11th Nov 2017 at 12:29 PM by duderocks : updated for 1.36
183 Comments / replies (Who?) - 9 Feedback Posts
UPDATE 11-9-2017: Updated for 1.36. Please redownload.

UPDATE 11-8-2017: the latest patch (1.36) broke quite a lot of mods, including this one. The good news is EA fixed the time rolling back bug. The bad news is the Simulation Lag could possibly still be there. For now, please just insert the tuning file (the .package one) in your Mods folder while I test out the script.

UPDATE 11-1-2017: Did a few more tweaks to tone down some of the time lag. Please redownload v1.8.
UPDATE 10-21-2017: PLEASE DOWNLOAD THE MOST STABLE VERSION, which v1.6! 1.7 was an experimental fix which didn't really work. I will update this for Cats and Dogs, if needed.

UPDATE 10-02-2017: I made an adjustment to the script file that should (hopefully) alleviate the time lags. Please download version 1.7, unless you encounter more issues. In which case, download version 1.6.
[/I]


This is an update to SimmyTheSim's Simulation Lag Fix to the latest patch.

As per SimmyTheSim's description:

"This mod alters the game's simulation so that sim autonomy does not cause massive simulation lag in instances where there are many autonomy requests.

This should eliminate, or at the very least, alleviate, the following problems:
sims head bobbing, sims doing nothing for a few hours, time slowing down on Speed 3, and time going back to the past."


Differences from the old mod:
  • The MAX_TIME_SLICE_MILLISECONDS variable is now a tunable XML in the latest version
  • Only two Python functions are overridden.

COMPARISONS:

Before


After


ISSUES:
  • Some head-bobbing activity might still be present, but it should be way less than before
  • Times sometimes still rolls back from "ultra speed mode" (when all sims are either out or sleeping). Still trying to figure out how to fix this.

Resources
This mod overrides the following python functions:
time_service.TimeService.start
time_service.TimeService.update

It also overrides the following XML values:
03B33DDF!00000000!2BE55516548A9522.time_service.Tuning

INSTALLATION
Unzip the mod files into your mods folder. Make sure script mods and custom content is enabled in your game!

Additional Credits:
SimmytheSim for the original mod

Type: Fixed

You must have the expansion, game version or stuff packs listed below installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.

Sims 4
Built with Game Version: 1.33.38.10
Key: - File was updated after upload was posted
Filename - Tip: You can click the magnifying glass to see the archive contents Size Downloads Date
SimulationLagFix_v1.1.zip 3.0 KB 12,131 11th Aug 2017
SimulationLagFix_v1.2.zip 2.8 KB 2,898 20th Aug 2017
SimulationLagFix_1.3.zip 2.0 KB 8,094 22nd Aug 2017
SimulationLagFix_1.5.zip 2.2 KB 4,537 6th Sep 2017
SimulationLagFix_v1.6.zip 2.2 KB 5,216 23rd Sep 2017
SimulationLagFix_1.7.zip | Description: BROKEN VERSION. DO NOT DOWNLOAD 2.1 KB 4,626 2nd Oct 2017
SimulationLagFix_v1.8.zip 2.0 KB 3,105 1st Nov 2017
SimulationLagFix_v1.9.zip | Description: DOWNLOAD THIS!!! 2.0 KB 9,178 9th Nov 2017
Don't forget to Thank the creator after downloading! Use the Thanks button located above the screenshots above.
Basic Download and Install Instructions:
1. Download: Click the File tab to see the download link. Click the link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
Read the upload description for installation instructions. If nothing else is specified, do the following:
No Extraction Required (Script Mods):
1. Cut and paste the .zip file(s) into your Mods folder
  • Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\
  • Windows Vista/7/8/8.1: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\
Script mods need to be placed directly in \Mods or one level below that (e.g. \Mods\Scripts) – sub-folders nested any deeper won’t work.
Extraction Required (Everything Else):
1. Use WinRAR (Windows) to extract the .package file(s) from the .rar or .zip file(s).
2. Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Mods folder
  • Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\
  • Windows Vista/7/8/8.1: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\


Need more information?
  • Anyone can use both .rar and .zip files easily! On Windows, use WinRAR.
  • If you don't have a Mods folder, just make one.
  • Mod still not working? Make sure you have script mods enabled
 
Page 8 of 8
183 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 106 Feedback Posts, 71 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Test Subject
#176 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 10:21 PM
On my game, can't see no difference with or without this mod (mod version 1.9).
Delays between interactions, latency time here and there, sims doing nothing during few moments...
It seems the mod doesn't bring no amelioration. But I'm maybe wrong.

Anyway, thank you for your work on this mod.

PS. My game version is 1.34.
No error message (no Last exception txt) from MC Command Center about this mod.
Scholar
#177 Old 20th Nov 2017 at 12:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ptb521
On my game, can't see no difference with or without this mod (mod version 1.9).
Delays between interactions, latency time here and there, sims doing nothing during few moments...
It seems the mod doesn't bring no amelioration. But I'm maybe wrong.

Anyway, thank you for your work on this mod.

PS. My game version is 1.34.
No error message (no Last exception txt) from MC Command Center about this mod.


Update your game to 1.36 and it will work better. 1.9 is designed for patch 1.36 which is why you're having issues. You are a few patches behind. It's time to update lol.

For crying out loud you frakking fekik!
Frelling trasta ko litbak!
Call me M-I-N-Z-Y (Minzy). ;)
More Downloads made by me!
Test Subject
#178 Old 20th Nov 2017 at 1:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudiasharon
Update your game to 1.36 and it will work better. 1.9 is designed for patch 1.36 which is why you're having issues. You are a few patches behind. It's time to update lol.

Thanks but don't want to run for updates every month.
Each new update repair something and destroy something else. Hahaha ! Really not easy to understand how the jobs are managed at Maxis / EA.
Scholar
#179 Old 21st Nov 2017 at 1:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ptb521
Thanks but don't want to run for updates every month.
Each new update repair something and destroy something else. Hahaha ! Really not easy to understand how the jobs are managed at Maxis / EA.


Then don't use version 1.9 because it won't work with your game due to the patch level. You should really update though, EA fixed some important bugs. Granted they made new ones but then they fixed those. Twice. LOL. I can understand not wanting to update, but what I do is wait a little bit after a patch is released to see what it breaks, then wait for EA to release a couple more patches fixing what they broke, then I update once they are done. LOL. It seems to be a good method for me. But it's your game, you just have to be careful mod wise because people will release updated mods for the latest patch level, and you don't want to download those as it won't work right with the previous patch level you are on.

For crying out loud you frakking fekik!
Frelling trasta ko litbak!
Call me M-I-N-Z-Y (Minzy). ;)
More Downloads made by me!
Instructor
Original Poster
#180 Old 21st Nov 2017 at 4:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ptb521
Thanks but don't want to run for updates every month.
Each new update repair something and destroy something else. Hahaha ! Really not easy to understand how the jobs are managed at Maxis / EA.

While I advise updating when you can, you can use version 1.6, which is the most stable version pre-C&D patch
Forum Resident
#181 Old 21st Nov 2017 at 10:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudiasharon
Then don't use version 1.9 because it won't work with your game due to the patch level. You should really update though, EA fixed some important bugs. Granted they made new ones but then they fixed those. Twice. LOL. I can understand not wanting to update, but what I do is wait a little bit after a patch is released to see what it breaks, then wait for EA to release a couple more patches fixing what they broke, then I update once they are done. LOL. It seems to be a good method for me. But it's your game, you just have to be careful mod wise because people will release updated mods for the latest patch level, and you don't want to download those as it won't work right with the previous patch level you are on.


You can postpone TS4 updates and still play? How do you do that?
Scholar
#182 Old 21st Nov 2017 at 10:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mithrak_nl
You can postpone TS4 updates and still play? How do you do that?


It's a setting in origin. You can do it with origin updates too. Go to origin->application settings->application and scroll down to the client update section. It's called "Automatic game updates" and click the green button to turn it off. To turn off auto origin updates click the green button next to "Automatically update Origin". The button should turn gray.

For crying out loud you frakking fekik!
Frelling trasta ko litbak!
Call me M-I-N-Z-Y (Minzy). ;)
More Downloads made by me!
Test Subject
#183 Old 22nd Nov 2017 at 12:04 AM
Thanks for your help. Really cool.

I think updating the game or not is a choice.
When you use 150 mods, it's always a risk to update the game.

And when you begin to have bugs and last exception error messages, good luck to check all your 150 mods to find which one is no more compatible.
So yes, that's a choice. Do I want a stable modded game or do I want to frequently update my game ?
Test Subject
#184 Old 22nd Nov 2017 at 12:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by duderocks
While I advise updating when you can, you can use version 1.6, which is the most stable version pre-C&D patch

Updates... Updates... Marketing... Business... A way to keep customers under control
Anyway thank you ! Will try the version 1.6.
Page 8 of 8