- There is now a Default Enabled version available for download. If you switch from one version to the other remember to remove the old mod's script (the package files are identical between versions).
This mod allows you to set individual sinks on any lot to enable or disable dish washing at that sink. Since it uses a script to setup the object states for the sinks, it should be compatible with any sinks in the game (even from expansion packs I don't have).
After installation, the default for sinks on all lots will be to NOT allow dishes to be washed at that sink (UPDATE: there is now a Default Enabled version for download). Simply click on any sink and choose Enable Dish Washing to allow Sims to wash dishes at that sink. The setting is saved along with the save game as it uses a standard object state to remember the setting.
I chose this approach for this mod as I often use what would typically be considered a "kitchen" sink on cabinets in a bathroom, and sometimes vice-versa. Instead, the player is allowed to select what sinks should be used. Again, the default is to not allow dish washing. If no sinks are enabled on a lot, Sims will instead simply throw away the dishes in the trash.
Note for users of SCAM
Autonomy must be on for the dish washing interactions on the sink in order for this to work. If you wish to turn off autonomy for dish washing, turn off the clean autonomy on the dishes themselves. Turning off dish washing autonomy on the sink will make Sims unable to find an appropriate sink that you have enabled for dish washing.
Removing the mod will return sink behaviour to normal and allow Sims to wash dishes at any sink.
Installation Instructions and Compatibility
To install, unzip the two files contained in the download file into your game's mod folder. It can be placed in a sub-folder if desired. It uses a script, so the mod cannot be installed more than one sub-folder deep.
This mod was written and tested on Windows for The Sims 4 version 126.96.36.1990 (Nov 9, 2017). It should be compatible with any stuff or game packs and most other mods.
The package for this mod overrides the autonomous dish washing interactions for sinks. Any other mod which alters these resources will conflict with this mod:
- S4_E882D22F_00000000_00000000000037A0 (sink_washDishes)
- S4_E882D22F_00000000_00000000000037A2 (sink_washSingleDish)
- S4_E882D22F_00000000_000000000001870D (sink_washDish_After_Eat_Counter)
- S4_E882D22F_00000000_0000000000012485 (sink_washDish_After_Eat)
- S4_E882D22F_00000000_0000000000018708 (sink_washDishes_Counter)
The game's object tunings are overriden in the script, which allows it to be compatible with other mods that override those objects. In addition, it will automatically adapt to new game packs that add additional sinks without requiring further additions to the package. All sinks which are found to contain the sink_washSingleDish are patched with the required object states to enable or disable sink washing and remember your settings.
The script uses features of the game that have been stable for years and are not likely to break in future patches.
This mod uses the ts4script file format for the script portion of the mod and cannot be installed automatically with a mod manager (until a mod manager is updated to support these files). To install the mod manually, extract both the package and ts4script files from the download into your mods folder.
Script mods must be enabled in your game options for this mod to work properly.
Nobody's bought me a Mac yet, so until I hear from someone who tries it out, I can only assume it will work on a Mac. I don't know of any reason why it wouldn't work.
- Kuree and all the others at Sims4Group who have put together the S4PE tool
- Deaderpool for figuring out how to modify tuning at game load
- As always, Scripthoge for writing the script "injector" routines
- And of course big thanks to the translators:
- Egureh - Chinese translation
- Serenidy - Brazilian Portuguese translation
- Pawlq - Polish translation