Mod The Sims
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
|Hi, Unregistered! Still using Blue Game Style? Try out the new MTS theme, now in beta. Show me!|
Posted 21st Aug 2007 at 1:43 AM - Updated 22nd Apr 2009 at 8:55 PM by Mootilda : Obsolete - Viewed 321987 times. Direct link to this thread
275 Comments / replies (Who?) , 151 times favourited , 821 times thanked
Tags: #LotExpander, #lot, #expander, #expand, #resize, #larger, #increase, #size, #bigger, #sims 2, #sims2, #ts2
This is a featured upload! It showcases the best talent and creativity available on MTS and in the community.
The LotExpander will not be updated for Apartment Life.
This is the final version of the LotExpander. It has been superceeded by the LotAdjuster:
This version of the LotExpander works with all expansion and stuff packs, up to and including The Sims 2 Free Time. The latest release resolves an issue with continuing after an abort. Please see "Known Issues" below.
The LotExpander allows you to expand "The Sims 2" lots up to a size of 6 x 6 with a few mouse clicks.
To install, just download LotExpander12A1.zip and unzip it. Run the EXE from the unzipped location. This is "alpha" software and is still in development; it is not guaranteed to work and may corrupt your lot. Be sure to backup your game before using this tool.
I have included the source code in LotExpander12A1Source.zip. There is no need to download this file unless you are a C# programmer who wishes to look at or modify the code.
- The program uses some DLLs from SimPE; they are included in the file.
- LotExpander is released under the GNU General Public License.
- You need the Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 to run the LotExpander: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...dd-aab15c5e04f5
1) The LotExpander sometimes does not work with Vista. There is no known solution at this time.
2) When moving a pool with rounded edges, the rounded edges will not move. For now, just delete the rounded edges before expanding the lot and add them back to the pool in the new location once the expansion is complete. If you accidently expand a lot without removing the rounded edges, the lot can be fixed using the normal build tools; however, it is more difficult than just removing them beforehand.
3) The expanded terrain takes its form from the terrain at the edges of the existing lot. This does not always produce the desired result, especially for hilly terrain and beach lots. I am investigating whether the LotExpander can use the actual neighborhood terrain for the additional land.
Please see the LotExpander tutorial at: http://www.modthesims2.com/showpost...3&postcount=410
If you have any problems with the LotExpander, please let me know.
Error and Warning Messages: http://www.modthesims2.com/showpost...7&postcount=422
Recovering from Problems: http://www.modthesims2.com/showpost...5&postcount=411
General discussion about modding lots: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=250693
Current To-Do List: http://www.modthesims2.com/showpost...6&postcount=412
Release History: http://www.modthesims2.com/showpost...7&postcount=413
This tool allows you to see, move and rotate portals on your lot: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=251392
Now everyone can create lots of whatever size they wish with LotExpander. Here are links to expandable lots which are 1 wide or 1 deep, and which have the sun shining on the back of the lot:
If you prefer the sun to shine from the front of the lot, take a look at aelflaed's brand new sunnyside lots:
And here are some North- and South- facing 2XN lots: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=250096
This program was designed and developed by Andi8104. He really deserves most of the credit for the LotExpander. I have been making minor changes to the tool since Andi died. The original tool is still available at:
For more information about this creator and their policies or details, click here.
Expansion / Stuff Packs Required
You must have the expansion or stuff packs listed above installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.
You need to be a Registered Member to be able to download from MTS. Registration allows you to thank and leave comments for the creators, see your download history, participate in the discussions and much more!
Basic Download and Install Instructions:
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract: Use WinRAR (Windows) or Stuffit (Mac) to extract the .package file(s) from the .rar or .zip file(s).
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
Need more information?
#LotExpander, #lot, #expander, #expand, #resize, #larger, #increase, #size, #bigger, #sims 2, #sims2, #ts2
Users who thanked this download also thanked: