Mod The Sims
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Posted 23rd Aug 2006 at 07:57 PM - Updated 7th Dec 2008 at 09:23 PM by -Maylin- - Viewed 45263 times. Direct link to this thread
37 Comments / replies (Who?) , 25 times favourited , 897 times thanked
Information (Click for more details):
This is a picked upload! It showcases some of the best talent and creativity available on MTS and in the community.
This is a Maxis Recolour which means that it is a recolour of an item that already exists in your game. Please check the Expansion pack requirements to see which game pack it recolours.
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Expansion pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS2 - check the sidebar.
This is a new mesh recolour, and means that you will need to download the particular mesh itself in order for this to show up in your game. See the Meshes Needed section or read the text for more information.
This object was originally a request and test subject for me, but I decided that it deserves to be finished and revealed to public
So, this is a casket. A sim can:
- open it
- close it
- examine it, in both open/close states - functionality is heavily 'borrowed' from book reading functionality: sim grabs the casket; finds a seat, if not, stands or sits on floor; then looks into casket, sometimes shows thought about it, sometimes changes face expressions (smile, confused, interested, surprise), and increases Fun quite fast (forgive me, the poor cheater :o ); when cancelled or finished, sim stands up and tries to place casket on nearby surface (sometimes drops on floor; sorry, I still don't understand well how this part functions)
It can be found in Hobbies/Recreation.
It should cost more as time passes (+25 simoleons per day); sorry my lazyness, though - I didn't waited for whole day to see if it's really so. Please inform me if I'm mistaken in this part :o
It works in base game an with all EPs.
The mesh consists of 2 subsets: 'casket' and 'contents'. Both are recolorable and bumpmap-enabled. 'contents' subset is actually 2 planes one under another - I decided that it's no use of putting high-poly mesh there, so you can recolor it to almost anything relatively flat.
The package includes 3 recolors for each subset:
- for casket - wooden with black panels, textiled, and chrome
- for contents - pearls, gold jewelry, and empty (the last recolor contains no texture files, so it's no use to recolor off it - use the other two)
- casket - 60 faces, 114 vertices
- contents - 4 faces, 8 vertices
Mesh was created in 3dsmax and imported using skankyboy's smd plugin.
The joint-related stuff (CRES and GMDC), and prototype for open animation was taken from microwave object; joints were moved, animation was remade from scratch in MilkShape.
Thanks to Echo for telling how to play animation backwards and for the adding BHAV tutorial.
Carry animations were taken from platedessert object and were edited in itself. Thanks to quaxi for the and built-in ANIM editor
Thanks to Akulina for the screenshots well, it was her request in the beginning :p
Feel free to recolor, but please link back to this thread.
For this object only, I allow to clone and remesh it, and alter joint positions/animations. Please mention, though, that I created the prototype :o and don't post on pay sites.
Added: those who asking where hair/shirt/anything else other than the casket came from, see this comment in this thread.
For more information about this creator and their policies or details, click here.
Expansion / Stuff Packs Required
You must have the expansion or stuff packs listed above installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.
This is a New mesh
All the items needed for you to use this download should be here on this page. You can check the "Related Pages" tab, if visible, to see if there are alternative colour schemes.
You need to be a Registered Member to be able to download from MTS. Registration allows you to thank and leave comments for the creators, see your download history, participate in the discussions and much more!
Basic Download and Install Instructions:
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract: Use WinRAR (Windows) or Stuffit (Mac) to extract the .package file(s) from the .rar or .zip file(s).
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
Need more information?
Users who thanked this download also thanked: