Mod The Sims
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Posted 29th Apr 2007 at 07:41 AM - Updated 21st Sep 2008 at 09:20 PM by plasticbox - Viewed 5178 times. Direct link to this thread
4 Comments / replies (Who?) , 162 times thanked
Requires Nightlife, OfB, and Seasons.
Custom content required: Invisible Driveway by roddyaleixo
Bay Tree Drive
is a couple of starters and other small houses with gardens (or rather, space for gardens-to-be in most cases). They're built with both Seasons and a bit of city planning in mind: just like Backdoor Lane, all houses are based on the same templates (trees, driveways, pavement) and will make a well-formed alley when put next to each other.
- Sideways driveways: realistic looking (to me) and space saving. Tested, found to work reliably in-game and won't block any carpools (not even on a 1-tile wide lot).
- Pretty trees in front, along with enough public space for visitor maintenance / yard sales / private rubbish dump / regular driveways in case you like those better
- Fenced-off gardens with gates: I've grown very fond of those as a gathering point for visitors (no chasing them across the lot while they're hiking from front door to back door). Also prevents kicking of trashcans, stealing of gnomes, and other forms of harrassment.
- Less minimalistic kitchens: I tried to provide some more space now that there's officially clutter (and juicers)
- The usual minimum equipment: lights in all furnished rooms, toilet, shower or tub, fridge, kitchen sink, trashcan, phone, burglar alarm, smoke detector, bookshelf, at least one double bed and seating for two. Compost bin too in most houses.
Bay Tree Drive 01:
One-story starter house with very small garden (however it comes with a lemon tree, which is hideously expensive), furnished for 1-2 sims with room to grow into.
1 x double bedroom
2 x single bedroom (unfurnished)
2 x bathroom (1 furnished)
1 x kitchen/dining
1 x living room (unfurnished)
The downstairs hall provides some additional living space. Cars on the screenshot are not included, they're just to show where the driveways are.
Tested: Sort of (a prototype)
Lot Size: 2x2
Lot Price: 19.997§
For more information about this creator and their policies or details, click here.
Expansion / Stuff Packs Required
You must have the expansion or stuff packs listed above installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.
You need to be a Registered Member to be able to download from MTS. Registration allows you to thank and leave comments for the creators, see your download history, participate in the discussions and much more!
Basic Download and Install Instructions:
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract: Use WinRAR (Windows) or Stuffit (Mac) to extract the .sims2pack file(s) from the .rar or .zip file(s).
3. Install: Double-click on the .sims2pack file to install its contents to your game. The files will automatically be installed to the proper location(s).
Need more information?
Users who thanked this download also thanked: