Originally Posted by Notes
1. EP0 = TS2, the base game
2. Various graphical outcomes and performances rely on the interaction between PC hardwares (esp. video card support on versions of Dx, PS and VS) and the game versions. Thus, varied feedbacks with video specs., game versions and screenshots as attached or are highly welcome.
3. Addition of a swim-pool block in the same lot in the same screen scope can cause changes in the terrain water when the game version is EP5 or newer EP or SP, as depicted posts 22 and 24
. This is normal and expected coz the swim-pool can activate certain pool surface effects. For those who want the activation effect, just build at least a block of swim-pool somewhere in the lot. For those who don't want that activation effect, avoid a swim-pool block on the lot. Note this wavy effect is borrowed from the swim-pool and a swim-pool product apparently have some activating effects on pool-related products... :D
4. My video card is not the latest high-end video card, so I've no pool mirror reflection in my game, so I can't know what it's like for EP5 users with latest high-end video cards. So, feedbacks on that possibility is highly welcome. Thanks in advance
5. This is an attempt to run swim-pool wavy surface on the terrain water surface. So, a wavy surface is expected. Please report if that's not the case. FYI, some video cards may be too old to render the HSLS wavy surface.
6. So, I've made 7 reserved posts for future additions.
Originally Posted by Series (S?):
Originally Posted by Copyright & Credits
1. Thanks to MTS2 to host my craps No redistribution of this mod outside of MTS2.
2. For lot-sharing with this mod, please link back to the original thread just in case of any updated infos and any reported unforeseen problem(s).
3. Maxis is creditted for its shader. Thanks them for these.
4. Pandorasims is banned to use or host all my creations or provided infos
5. Except Pandora sims, everyone else is welcome to study, improve and refine it, and release their owns.
6. The Ranchies, Mihura, RealGanacampo, starman4016 (pool reflection tests and feedbacks) for the feedbacks and testings
Originally Posted by Compatibility
1. These series of mods have altered terrain shaders, so similar terrain shader mods like Targa's pond mods cannot work with them.
2. Any pool shader mod of the pool surface which will affect the look of the terrain water will also affect "Moi_matShad_Terrain_Water_Wavy001" compatibly. The other variants of these series won't be affected by any pool shader mod.
2a. eg: "RC1 Gunmod's pool shader mod" included in Chocolate Pi 's Gunmod's Radiance Light System 2.2 BETA is to unleash a revised version of the unfinished "Maxis EP2-NL Hi-end pool surface" with custom-chosen in-game graphics (by Gunmod and/or Chocolate Pi). So, PCs without compatible video card can't properly show this pool surface. This has been mistaken as an EP issue while later on found out it's actually hardware compatibility issue. When "Moi_matShad_Terrain_Water_Wavy001" is used with Gunmod/Chocolate Pi's pool mod, the terrain pond water will pick up the same modded pool surface (by Gunmod and/or Chocolate Pi). Thus in this case, Gunmod and/or Chocolate Pi's pool mod is compatible with "Moi_matShad_Terrain_Water_Wavy001" as a plus variant.
Originally Posted by Versions & Installation
There're totally 4 versions for different TS2 game versions in series 1 and 2.
1. EPs: 0 - 1 (EP0TS2-EP1UNI)
2. EPs: 2 - 3 (EP2NL-EP3OFB)
3. EP : 4 (EP4PETS)
4. EPs: 5 - 8 & SP M&G (EP5SS-EP8ALSPMG)
A. Choose only one of them at a time.
B. Choose the appropriate version (matched for the highest game version run)
C. Dump into the "Downloads" folder or its sub.
You must have the expansion or stuff packs listed below installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.
You need to be a Registered Member to be able to download from MTS. Registration allows you to thank and leave comments for the creators, see your download history, participate in the discussions and much more!
Page 1 of 2