Mod The Sims
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
|Hi, Unregistered! Still using Blue Game Style? Try out the new MTS theme, now in beta. Show me!|
Posted 7th Aug 2007 at 11:44 PM - Updated 8th Aug 2007 at 12:19 AM by Klinny - Viewed 76340 times. Direct link to this thread
41 Comments / replies (Who?) , 69 times favourited , 789 times thanked
Information (Click for more details):
This is a picked upload! It showcases some of the best talent and creativity available on MTS and in the community.
This is a Maxis Recolour which means that it is a recolour of an item that already exists in your game. Please check the Expansion pack requirements to see which game pack it recolours.
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Expansion pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS2 - check the sidebar.
This is a new mesh recolour, and means that you will need to download the particular mesh itself in order for this to show up in your game. See the Meshes Needed section or read the text for more information.
Alright, so I know I said I wouldn't.. But I went ahead and did it anyways. Here are the wings.. for cats!
- This is a Default Replacement. It overrides the Body Fur Accessory! I have left the body fur intact, (meaning that the original body fur accessory will still show up), however, by using these wings you will no longer be able to create regular furry cats in CAS. Also, you will be unable to create non-furry winged cats.
- It is very important that you delete the Accessory.cache and Groups.cache files located in your My Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2 Directory before you add these wings to your Downloads folder, and also after you remove them. If you do not delete these files, there is a possibility that the meshes will explode in-game. If you do forget, and come accross an exploded mesh or error in-game, simply Exit, delete the cache files, and everything should be fixed once you re-enter the game.
- Any cats already in-game will not be affected, unless you change their appearance using a mirror. Likewise, any cats you have given wings will keep their wings unless updated via the mirror, even after you remove the default replacement package from your Downloads folder.
*How To Use*
These wings work in the exact same way as the body fur accessory. Simply create a cat in CAS, select the Fur Accessory option, and then click the icon of the body fur accessory. Your kitty should then sprout a pair of wings.
Like all fur accessories, these wings will take on whatever color you have selected as your cat's Base Color. So your kitty's wings can be any color that is available to you in-game. And, like all fur accessories, the wings can be passed down to your kitty's offspring.
Anyways, I've created these for those of you who really want winged kitties, (as I am unable at this point to convert them to non-defaults). But, as I mentioned previously, you can remove the package from your Downloads folder at any time, (as long as you remember to delete your cache files afterwards, just as a precaution), and any winged kitties you have in-game will remain.
So, I hope you enjoy!
Additional Credits: Milkshape 3D
For more information about this creator and their policies or details, click here.
Expansion / Stuff Packs Required
You must have the expansion or stuff packs listed above installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.
This is a New mesh
All the items needed for you to use this download should be here on this page. You can check the "Related Pages" tab, if visible, to see if there are alternative colour schemes.
You need to be a Registered Member to be able to download from MTS. Registration allows you to thank and leave comments for the creators, see your download history, participate in the discussions and much more!
Basic Download and Install Instructions:
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract: Use WinRAR (Windows) or Stuffit (Mac) to extract the .package file(s) from the .rar or .zip file(s).
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
Need more information?
Users who thanked this download also thanked: