Mod The Sims
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Posted 13th Oct 2008 at 04:00 PM - Updated 8th Apr 2009 at 07:22 AM by dickhurt : update version - Viewed 84438 times. Direct link to this thread
36 Comments / replies (Who?) , 41 times favourited , 1338 times thanked
Tags: #edition addon
Game Edition addon (for creators/modders)
* Requires : The Sims 2 (base game)
* Compatibility: The Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open For Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Store Edition, FreeTime, Apartment Life, Mansion & Garden Stuff, all Stuff Packs
* Modifications: Global (but needs to be specifically called by a modder)
* Hack Version#: 1.1
Update ( 04/08/2009 )
- Introduces compatibility with Mansion & Garden Stuff Pack and hopefully any future EPs/SPs without needing a new 1.2 version (ver 1.0 only works up to AL)
- Using advanced mathematics invented by the Klaxxon Empire, optimizes EP/SP detection code to use less CPU cycles (meaning it runs faster now!)
* Since some people are not reviewing my README file before installing the addon, I'll make this clear upfront. Do not install any test files from the embedded archives unless you are planning on making your own hacks. Those 2 files make messages scroll down your screen every time you move the mouse over a sink. They are only for testing hacks that you make yourself.
EP = Expansion Pack (usually new game code + objects)
SP = Stuff Pack (usually just new objects)
This is simply a tool that allows all of my hacks to be backward compatible with all or most editions of The Sims 2, from the original base game of 2004, up through the latest Expansion Packs: such as FreeTime / Apartment Life / Mansion & Garden Stuff. It adds global BHAV routines that permit any hack from any author to check which EPs/SPs are installed upon the player's computer.
Any functions that already come with the game are either broken or sorely lacking in functionality. So I coded my own routines to do the job properly!
This addon is the end result of my desire for 100% accuracy in determining which game engines are installed with the minimum amount of CPU processing power spent executing the checks, all accessible globally from any hack. That is the main reason for this addon. Plus, the global routine "Expansion Pack - EP(param) Installed?" that comes with University and higher is not a proper solution to this issue because it does not take into account the base game, returning false positives for many EP checks. In addition, it crashes when checking for "Apartment Life" on older EPs.
* Check out the readme.txt file for more information.
For more information about this creator and their policies or details, click here.
Expansion / Stuff Packs Required
You must have the expansion or stuff packs listed above installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.
You need to be a Registered Member to be able to download from MTS. Registration allows you to thank and leave comments for the creators, see your download history, participate in the discussions and much more!
Basic Download and Install Instructions:
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract: Use WinRAR (Windows) or Stuffit (Mac) to extract the .package file(s) from the .rar or .zip file(s).
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
Need more information?
Users who thanked this download also thanked: