Mod The Sims
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Posted 4th Mar 2009 at 08:10 AM - Updated 17th Mar 2009 at 07:12 AM by Criquette : Trying to solve download problem - Viewed 166794 times. Direct link to this thread
109 Comments / replies (Who?) , 141 times favourited , 2966 times thanked
This is a featured upload! It showcases the best talent and creativity available on MTS and in the community.
Ultimate railway set.
Did you ever think about a good looking railway with catenaries, railway bridges and all the stuff that goes through your neighborhood connecting it with some other places?
Existed railway ‘hood decorations can't satisfy your needs?
Well, wait no more! Add it
With this large set of custom ‘hood decorations, you can add a very detailed electric railway to your town.
Some of the objects uses an extra large custom textures so use this set carefully if your computer isn’t strong enough.
I've set Night Life EP as required for using this decorations, but the idea is that you need at least one of any EPs installed, to have this decoration available from 'hood decorations menu.
But it is also strongly recommended to have a Free Time EP installed, to be able to edit existing terrain, for better use of this set.
Just put all the *.package files from the to your ‘Downloads’ folder.
The set contains 49 objects:
1. Railway double straight
2. Railway single straight
3. Railway double stub track end
4. Railway single stub track end
5. Railway single switch left
6. Railway single switch right
7. Railway single to double switch left
8. Railway single to double switch right
9. Railway single 45 degrees branch left
10. Railway single 45 degrees branch right
11. Railway double long curve
12. Railway single long curve
13. Railway double short curve
14. Railway single short curve
15. Railway double 90 degrees curve
16. Railway single 90 degrees curve
17. Railway double 45 degrees curve
18. Railway single 45 degrees curve
19. Railway double straight slope
20. Railway single straight slope
21. Railway double 45 degrees curve slope left
22. Railway double 45 degrees curve slope right
23. Railway single 45 degrees curve slope left
24. Railway single 45 curve slope right
25. Railway double bridge long
26. Railway double bridge medium
27. Railway double bridge short
28. Railway single bridge long
29. Railway single bridge medium
30. Railway single bridge short
31. Railway double overpass long
32. Railway double overpass medium
33. Railway double overpass short
34. Railway single overpass long
35. Railway single overpass medium
36. Railway single overpass short
37. Railway double tunnel
38. Railway single tunnel
39. Railway crossing gate
40. Double railway station with exit on a side
41. Double railway station with exits on both sides
42. Single railway station with exit on a side
43. Local passenger train
44. Local passenger train car
45. Local passenger train head car
46. Local passenger train trolley car
47. Long distance passenger train
48. Long distance passenger train car
49. Electric locomotive
All objects can be found under ‘Stones’ submenu of the neighborhood decorations menu (for better finding items you need since this submenu is not overcrowded yet).
Railway bridges are about 40,30 and 20 tiles long (TS2 scale) that is about 10, 7 and 5 tiles long in Simcity4 scale – you can keep it in mind, when you creating a custom terrain map in Simcity4.
Railway overpasses (viaducts) are 10, 7 and 4 tiles long (TS2 scale), that is about 2, 1 and 1 tile long in Simcity4 scale so it’s almost impossible to make an embankment gaps for overpasses in Simcity4, so all the overpasses was designed for use with Free Time EP terraforming feature.
Optimal terrain level height difference for using sloped pieces (and overpasses as well) is 5 clicks of “raise” or “lower” tool that is available with Free Time EP terraforming feature, so if you want a road to go under a railway viaduct, you’ll need to lower the terrain with a road pieces for 5 clicks or raise terrain tiles with a railway pieces for 5 clicks (some times sunken roads are impossible if main terrain level is too close to the water level – road will just go under water).
Railway straight double: 148
Railway single straight: 74
Railway double end: 200
Railway single end: 100
Railway switch left: 226
Railway switch right: 226
Railway single to double switch left: 205
Railway single to double switch right: 205
Railway 45 branch left: 768
Railway 45 branch right: 768
Railway long double curve: 316
Railway long curve single: 228
Railway short double curve: 212
Railway short single curve: 106
Railway double 90 curve: 1724
Railway 90 curve single: 862
Railway 45 curve double: 1192
Railway 45 curve single: 594
Railway straight double slope: 946
Railway straight single slope: 502
Railway 45 curve double slope left: 1250
Railway double 45 curve slope right: 1250
Railway 45 curve single slope left: 652
Railway single 45 curve slope right: 652
Railway double bridge long: 1880
Railway double bridge medium: 1516
Railway double bridge short: 1900
Railway single bridge long: 1529
Railway single bridge medium: 1170
Railway single bridge short: 1260
Railway double overpass long: 974
Railway double overpass medium: 704
Railway double overpass short: 450
Railway single overpass long: 556
Railway single overpass medium: 396
Railway single overpass short: 242
Railway tunnel double: 130
Railway tunnel single: 78
Railway crossing gate: 46
Double railway station two exits: 1842
Double railway station one exit: 1722
Single railway station: 1098
Local passenger train: 3800
Local passenger train car: 540
Local passenger train head car: 756
Local passenger train trolley car: 604
Long distance passenger train: 3674
Long distance passenger train car: 444
Electric locomotive: 1010
Thanks to MTS2 as allways!
For more information about this creator and their policies or details, click here.
Expansion / Stuff Packs Required
You must have the expansion or stuff packs listed above installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.
This is a New mesh
All the items needed for you to use this download should be here on this page. You can check the "Related Pages" tab, if visible, to see if there are alternative colour schemes.
You need to be a Registered Member to be able to download from MTS. Registration allows you to thank and leave comments for the creators, see your download history, participate in the discussions and much more!
Basic Download and Install Instructions:
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract: Use WinRAR (Windows) or Stuffit (Mac) to extract the .package file(s) from the .rar or .zip file(s).
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
Need more information?