Mod The Sims
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Posted 27th Apr 2009 at 04:37 PM - Updated 14th May 2009 at 05:27 PM by HugeLunatic : forgot original picture - Viewed 70608 times. Direct link to this thread
25 Comments / replies (Who?) , 87 times favourited , 2493 times thanked
Information (Click for more details):
This is a picked upload! It showcases some of the best talent and creativity available on MTS and in the community.
This is a Maxis Recolour which means that it is a recolour of an item that already exists in your game. Please check the Expansion pack requirements to see which game pack it recolours.
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Expansion pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS2 - check the sidebar.
This is a new mesh recolour, and means that you will need to download the particular mesh itself in order for this to show up in your game. See the Meshes Needed section or read the text for more information.
Maxis Art Nouveau Modular Stairs from the Base Game now made recolorable. I like the style of these stairs, but they match almost nothing! So I have made them recolorable, and have included one black/metal recolor. The color also matches the Linear Eloquence Fence which was used as my inspiration color combo.
Also includes a fence and gate. The fence is a new clone (only way to recolor fences) but the original mesh is by nihilin as well as the gate mesh. You must have the gate mesh if you want my black gate recolor!! The fence by nihilin is optional.
Note: This allows passage under the first tile next to the wall, including placing a door. The sims will walk right through the base of the stairs.
*All should be base game compatible
* Stair mesh which will override (not overwrite) the original
* Fence mesh/recolor in black
* Gate recolor in black
* Template recolor - will show clown colors if placed in downloads folder
* Layered PSD Template
* Place in your downloads folder. There is no need for a script file since this is overriding the original steps.
* To remove and have the default non-recolorable stairs back just delete my file from your downloads folder.
* Place stairs normally
* Use Recolor tool to recolor individual stairs - if having difficulty with 2nd step, go down one floor.
* In Object Workshop, select Open, select my mesh, then select Recolor.
Fence Rail/Diag Rail - 736
Fence Post - 408
Stairs - 94 (step only) -1496 (step w/two rails) These vary based on the step/rail combination used
Numenor for the original concept and execution of recolorable stairs.
nihilin for the Art Nouveau Fence and Gate.
For more information about this creator and their policies or details, click here.
Expansion / Stuff Packs Required
You must have the expansion or stuff packs listed above installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.
This is a New mesh
All the items needed for you to use this download should be here on this page. You can check the "Related Pages" tab, if visible, to see if there are alternative colour schemes.
You need to be a Registered Member to be able to download from MTS. Registration allows you to thank and leave comments for the creators, see your download history, participate in the discussions and much more!
Basic Download and Install Instructions:
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract: Use WinRAR (Windows) or Stuffit (Mac) to extract the .package file(s) from the .rar or .zip file(s).
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
Need more information?
The creator also recommends you check the following:
There are 2 recolours of this mesh on MTS2:
These recolours may or may not be endorsed by this mesh creator.
Users who thanked this download also thanked: