Friends Don't Let Friends Drink Friends
This is a picked upload! It showcases some of the best talent and creativity available on MTS and in the community.
Are your vampires tired of sucking the life out of innocent victims, or worse yet, sustaining themselves on TV dinners? Well no mowar! Tru Blood is a synthetic blood nourishment beverage that satisfies all the nutritional requirements of a healthy active vampire. This beverage can be enjoyed in the comfort of one's own home (provided one owns a refrigerator) or any place that has a soda vending machine (provided one owns the Apartment Life EP). Tru Blood is not yet available in restaurants, bars, or from hotel room service menus. We hope to extend distribution in the future, but for now please ensure that your destination has a fridge or soda machine.
- Fridge version is found in all fridges as an individual or group meal. Available for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Vending machine version is found in the AL soda machine (in electronics/misc in the catalog). Both versions can be used at the same time.
- Leftovers from the group meal can be stored in the fridge if you have an Expansion Pack that enables leftovers.
- Satisfies hunger.
- Perishable (spoils).
These items were created with all Expansion Packs installed, up to and including Apartment Life and Mansion & Garden Stuff. The fridge version might
work with fewer EPs or just the basegame, but it might not. Use with caution!
In any case, you need Nightlife to have vampires, and I don't know why you'd want Tru Blood if you have no vampires. The vending machine version of course requires Apartment Life, since the vending machine came with that EP.
FreeTime EP Fix:
If you have the FreeTime Expansion Pack, please install this mod
by fway. It fixes some issues with custom drinks and cooking contests. More information available in fway's post.
Bon Voyage EP Fix:
Apparently the original fridge version causes errors if you don't have the Bon Voyage expansion. Luckily, Sacred Nym
was nice enough to fix this and share! Please get the "NonBV" version if you do NOT have Bon Voyage. Thanks, Sacred Nym!
Please report any further issues in this thread.
- The drinking animation is a little bit off. They kinda sip through their nose, as you can see in the last pic. This is not something I can fix. The alternative was to make the bottle considerably smaller, and I figure a better sized bottle is more crucial than a perfect drinking animation.
- Sims wash the "group meal" case instead of throwing it out. This looks a bit silly since it's a box, but I was unable to fix it despite by best efforts. Sorry! They throw out individual bottles just fine.
- Eww, it's cold! Sims do not microwave their Tru Blood. I wanted to change that, but it proved more difficult than I had anticipated. Oh well. If sim babies can take their nourishement cold, so can sim vampires.
Single Bottle = 275 Polys; Six Pack = 1632 Polys; Case = 345 Polys.
Extra special thanks to Lee, Echo, cmo, Noodle, and HP for all their hintful helps. Very special thanks to the writers of all the invaluable tools and tutorials used to make these items, and to everyone who participates in helpful Create forum threads. And fangalicious thanks to Delphy and everyone who helps keep MTS running, for without all of y'all there would be no Tru Blood for my sims.
The idea, name, and design of "Tru Blood" is not mine. All credit goes to Charlaine Harris and the creators of the HBO TV show "True Blood". No copyright infringement intended, no profit is being made from this upload. Thanks for the awesome show!
If you watch True Blood, please don't discuss the plot in this thread. We don't wanna spoil it for folks who haven't seen it yet right? Right. Good. SHH!