EA gave us a tacky error logging system, this program combines all its logs + LOADS more into a single file.
The log generator can be used by game help and support people and everyday players to help find out exactly whats wrong with their Sims 2 game. Due to my own limitations, it does not work with some languages - Sorry.
Information it lists:
- Game settings
- PC Hardware/Software + configuration
- Missing Animation Errors
- Game Errors
- Program Warnings
- Game session logs and resources
- Installed Custom Contents (marks behavior changing hacks)
- Check if Thumbnail & Other caches are present
- Checks for CEP files.
The program allows you to generate a logfile which you can upload to many forums where it will greatly aid people trying to help you fix your crashing game. The logfile can be saved. The program also has an advanced co-ordinate based animation error logfile generator
Using this tool you can determine:
... Whether the users hardware is sufficient
... Whether the game supports the users graphics card
... Whether CEP is correctly installed
... Whether it is a game setting that is causing isssues
... What Custom Content they have installed
Version 1.1 changelog:
[ADDED] Conflicting Software Detection.
[ADDED] Optional Scanning of Custom Content.
[ADDED] Option to select Advance or Simple anim mode.
[FIXED] Horizontal Scrolling.
[REMOVED] Advanced missing animation solo-button.
[IMPROVED] Minor UI Tweaks.
How do I know what files are missing?
The important files are listed at the bottom of the log. If it doesn't look like this there is likely something wrong
You must have the expansion or stuff packs listed below installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.
You need to be a Registered Member to be able to download from MTS. Registration allows you to thank and leave comments for the creators, see your download history, participate in the discussions and much more!
Basic Download and Install Instructions:
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract: Use WinRAR (Windows) or Stuffit (Mac) to extract the .package file(s) from the .rar or .zip file(s).
3. This program does not require installation. Simply download and double click the .exe file to launch.