Mod The Sims
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Posted 22nd Jan 2012 at 08:25 AM - Updated 22nd Jan 2012 at 07:04 AM by CatOfEvilGenius : fixed UV bug - Viewed 26130 times. Direct link to this thread
15 Comments / replies (Who?) , 13 times favourited , 128 times thanked
Cat's Sims Mesh Mirror
This MilkShape plugin makes a whole body clothing mesh from a half mesh, or a two shoe mesh from a one shoe mesh.
- mirror about X=0
- correct normals
- correct bone weights (left and right)
- correct front / back faces
- does NOT alter UV (use UV Flip)
Download, unzip, and put the file(s) in your MilkShape folder.
Look in the MilkShape Vertex menu for Cat's Sims Mesh Mirror.
1) Create a mesh for the right side only (or left side only), such as half a body mesh or one shoe. Make sure the normals and bone weights are set as you wish.
2) In the Groups tab, select the 1/2 mesh group and duplicate it with CTRL-D. (The duplicate is now selected.)
3) In the Vertex menu, select Cat's Sims Mirror Mesh. You now have two mesh groups, a left side and a right side.
4) Right now, the two mesh groups have identical UV maps. They use the exact same parts of the texture. This may be what you want for shoes, but maybe not for clothing. If not, adjust the UV map now. You can use the UV Flip plugins for this.
5) Now you can merge the left and right side mesh groups into one mesh group with Regroup. Don't forget to update the group name and comment.
Huge thanks to wes_h for the original MilkShape Unimesh plugins, and for helping me learn how to make plugins. Thanks to the makers of MilkShape.
June 10, 2010 UPDATE - Fixed UV mapping bug. Please redownload!
For more information about this creator and their policies or details, click here.
Expansion / Stuff Packs Required
You must have the expansion or stuff packs listed above installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.
You need to be a Registered Member to be able to download from MTS. Registration allows you to thank and leave comments for the creators, see your download history, participate in the discussions and much more!
Basic Download and Install Instructions:
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract: Use WinRAR (Windows) or Stuffit (Mac) to extract the .package file(s) from the .rar or .zip file(s).
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
Need more information?
The creator also recommends you check the following:
MilkShape Plugin: UV Flip
Users who thanked this download also thanked: