Mod The Sims
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Posted 24th Aug 2010 at 02:35 AM - Updated 23rd Aug 2010 at 12:28 AM by Theaphelia - Viewed 16598 times. Direct link to this thread
8 Comments / replies (Who?) , 11 times favourited , 141 times thanked
This dorm was constructed in the memory of the one-of-a-kind visionary, Dee Ferrent Strokes, graduated from the Academie le Tour with a degree in art, who believed that "all students should be able to be unique without having to work for it." Now you can live Dee's dream in a dorm where no two rooms are exactly alike!
While this dorm may appear typical from the outside, it is the inside that makes it special. For you see, no two rooms are exactly the same.
1. Sporty Sim Special: Do sports mean more to your young adult than grades? Then this is the room for your son or daughter! Covered in sporty decorations and sporty posters, with sporty wallpaper in sporty blue, this room will make any student feel quite...sporty!
2. Greenhouse Room: Do you like plants? Like, really like plants? The Greenhouse Room may be the place for you! Covered in chlorophyll-colored decor and filled with numerous autotrophic organisms, this room will certainly satisfy your appetite for photosynthesis.
3. The Recalling Room: You will never see red over this recalling room! Whether it is the magic of the rug or some other factor, it is said that a student who lives in this room will always remember to do their homework and write their term papers. Will you be bold enough to test this claim?
4. King's Spotted Dorm: This animalistic abode is perfect for the student looking for a bit of wilderness, tamed. The exotic spots of the cheetah, confined to the humble bedspread. The marvelous markings of the giraffe, hanging around your meager windows. This room will certainly get you in touch with your wild side!
5. Bedrock Special: Who needs to go camping when you have the rugged outdoors inside? This room may feel cold, drafty, and uncomfortable to your modern self, but secretly, your inner caveman is squealing with delight!
6. The Room from Space: No lie! This room was actually teleported via advanced transport technology into our dormitory, just for your eager space cadet or homesick alien to feel a bit more comfortable. Bedframe is made from 100% dipolypropylethylmethylbabblalanine, produced on Planet Bombdiggity.
7. Blue Da Ba Dorm: If you've picked this dorm, then you've got a clue: there's just no color in the world like blue. It's the only color that's appropriate for you, and it's the only color you'd like in your view!
8. Pad in Pink: If blue isn't your color, then pink may be the way to go! Bask in the eye-searing bright magenta carpeting! Fall in love with the awful pink wallpaper! Wonder why you haven't gone blind yet! Get fed up with it, and realize you should have gone with the blue after all.
9. Precious Princess Room: No need to leave your royal ways at the palace! We don't have any servants, but this room is decorated with regal flowers in a noble shade of pink perfect for your spoiled but undoubtedly deserving little princess. Bed is guaranteed free of peas.
The Captain's Quarters: Ahoy! Whether ye be a swarthy pirate captain or simply a captain of the S.S. Bathtub, this room is right for any sim who longs for the sea! We've even brought a bit of the ocean's beauty right to your room, in a convenient 10-gallon glass container.
The Gothic Special: No matter what anyone says about The New Black, there is no black like black itself. Show your appreciation for this often-replaced color by surrounding yourself in nothing but.
Modest Diamonds: And finally, if the wild and the crazy are not your thing, then the calm, quiet mediocrity of this dorm could be for you. Nothing fancy, nothing extravagant, just a simple dorm for the simple sim.
No matter which room you choose, the kitchen, foyer and common areas all provide space to set aside your differences and enjoy one another's company! Please keep your doors locked, clean up after yourself, and enjoy your stay!
Serious Stuff: Alright, all that nonsense aside, I've done oodles of downloading and it's about time I gave something back. No custom content, and I've tested this with two students and it's worked out alright for me (The two bookshelves in the very corner of the common room are for decoration only, but the two that flank those can be reached). Hopefully you guys like it. If I forgot to add anything or if you have any constructive feedback, just let me know.
if you want to post this anywhere else, go ahead, please link back to here. Do NOT upload to paysites, please! Also, please don't change the paint/furnishings/whatnot, reupload it, and claim it as your own.
For more information about this creator and their policies or details, click here.
Expansion / Stuff Packs Required
You must have the expansion or stuff packs listed above installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.
You need to be a Registered Member to be able to download from MTS. Registration allows you to thank and leave comments for the creators, see your download history, participate in the discussions and much more!
Basic Download and Install Instructions:
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract: Use WinRAR (Windows) or Stuffit (Mac) to extract the .sims2pack file(s) from the .rar or .zip file(s).
3. Install: Double-click on the .sims2pack file to install its contents to your game. The files will automatically be installed to the proper location(s).
Need more information?
Users who thanked this download also thanked: