This is a simple enough modification to do on your own – but I thought some of you might agree with my wall recategorizations and find benefit in my work.
So, here’s what I have to share...
In my humble little brain, I think that:
- If a wall has an organized all-over print then it really is
- If it is mostly
plain paint, it should be found in the paint category.
- If it’s plain paint but with a definite texture, like, say, Stucco, then it should be with poured walls.
- Tile should be in with tile. Obvious pool tile belongs in the Other category.
- Bricks, and cinderblock, should be found in bricks.
- Decorative and carved stone, marble, and asymmetric river-rock falls into what I think the masonry category is all about.
- Panels, in my opinion, are usually wooden in nature, and applied over the actual wall. Also, panels are for in
side (primarily, I mean, there’s exceptions to everything isn’t there?)
- Siding can be domestic or industrial, vertical, horizontal, or sometimes solid; and is mostly meant for out
- The Other category is for pool walls, murals, or multi-section sets.
If you agree with ALL
the statements above, then this mod is for made for you. If you only agree with some of the statements, well, then, things are clearly marked – you can pick and choose what you want… To un-recat a certain wall
, open this .package file in SimPE, find the name of the wall and delete the Object XML line (right click it for a list of options) commit and save.
NOTE: I removed all the Tudor style walls, wainscoted, and etc. from my game (because I use the next part of my big Wall Project - wall overlays – for all those decorations. That way I can choose whatever color/base wall I want. ;-D)
However, for this mod, those files have not been touched. They will all still be in your catalog right where Maxis put them. This mod also doesn’t touch any CC walls.
Here’s exactly what is affected with this mod:
– “Marbelicious” Masonry moves from masonry to brick
“Soft Rock” Faux Stone Blocks moves from masonry to brick
– “Latipsoh” Green Paint moves from paint to poured
“Latipsoh” Green Cinderblock moves from masonry to brick
“Latipsoh” Grey Cinderblock moves from masonry to brick
– SlackCo Cinderblock moves from masonry to brick
– Tango Tango Brick moves from brick to tile
Cinders of Joy moves from masonry to brick
Sandstone Brick moves from masonry to brick
The Horizontal Obfuscator – Brown moves from panel to wallpaper*
The Horizontal Obfuscator – Green moves from panel to wallpaper*
(* Overlay panels were created for the rest of this set and are not included in this download
– The Wall of the Fireplace in Cream moves from brick to masonry
A White Kind of Wall moves from wallpaper to poured**
A Yellow Kind of Wall moves from wallpaper to poured**
Asteroidtastic moves from wallpaper to other
KiddGo Wall Covering moves from wallpaper to other
Saturn Kids! By Wallz moves from wallpaper to other
(** I kept the matching Tiger Stripes in wallpaper
– Light Bamboo Forrest moves from wallpaper to paneling
Medium Bamboo Forrest moves from wallpaper to paneling
Dark Bamboo Forrest moves from wallpaper to paneling
It Simply Is Light moves from siding to paneling
It Simply Is Dark moves from siding to paneling
It Simply Is Flower moves from siding to paneling
It Simply Is Tribal moves from siding to paneling
The Engine Revver Wall Motif moves from wallpaper to other
The Engine Starter Wall Motif moves from wallpaper to other
– Cabin Stone Siding moves from siding to masonry
Cabin Stone Siding Brownstone moves from siding to masonry
Loggy Bottom Paneling (4 panels) moves from paneling to siding
Ziggu Stone moves from masonry to brick
– Motherboard Blue moves from paint to wallpaper
Motherboard Green moves from paint wallpaper
Skyline Scape Series (7 walls) moves from wallpaper to other
Skyline Scape Plain moves from wallpaper to paint
– Stoney Eyes moves from paneling to masonry
Stoney Layers moves from paneling to masonry
– Moroccan MonoChromes in Dk Red moves from paint to poured
Moroccan MonoChromes in Navy moves from paint to poured
Moroccan MonoChromes in Orange moves from paint to poured
Moroccan MonoChromes in White moves from paint to poured
Though I changed walls in each EP - you don't need to have everything for this mod to work. It will only affect the walls you actually have. This mod really is BaseGame safe. I lumped all the wall fixes in one file because it doesn't hurt anything to use this mod even if you don't have all the EP's installed.
All credit goes to Maxis. I just tweaked their organization of the wall catalog. With a special "Thanks" to Ambular (here at MTS2) for her work on Maxis Wall Hiders, which I dissected to figure out how to do this.