Mod The Sims
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Posted 23rd Mar 2011 at 01:37 AM - Updated 4th Apr 2011 at 12:16 AM by mistyblue4 - Viewed 96043 times. Direct link to this thread
116 Comments / replies (Who?) , 84 times favourited , 516 times thanked
Tags: #back to the future, #bttf, #delorean, #michael j fox, #christopher lloyd, #marty mcfly, #doc, #emmet brown, #sci-fi, #80s
This is a featured upload! It showcases the best talent and creativity available on MTS and in the community.
I cannot believe I am finally done! Took me ages. I blame it all on TellTale Games , who made an awesome BTTF game. After playing the first episode, I realized the game's style had a rather simmish feel to it, so I thought it would be cool to have Marty and Doc as Sims. Full of inspiration and enthusiasm, I dived into this project. I have learned a lot about lots of stuff – meshing, mapping, texturing, and I even got myself to make a posebox so I could take convincing simmish BTTF pictures.
If you have seen Back To the Future, then you know how awesome those movies are. If you have never seen BTTF (what are the chances, really?), then I advise you to stop reading this silly post and go and find a way to see all three movies today. If you have never seen BTTF nor heard of it, then you are most likely my friend Alexandra, who has been wondering for years why are some movies called „cult“ movies, if they don't have vampires/ghosts/demons in them. You get the picture.
Anyway, if you need a reminder, here's what the movie's about: Marty McFly, a typical American teenager of the Eighties, is accidentally sent back to 1955 in a plutonium-powered DeLorean "time machine" invented by slightly mad scientist. During his often hysterical, always amazing trip back in time, Marty must make certain his teenage parents-to-be meet and fall in love - so he can get back to the future.
Before this post becomes TL;DR (somehow I feel that ship might have sailed after the first paragraph), let's get down to business:
Played by Michael J. Fox
"This is heavy."
Marty has to be one of the coolest movie characters, ever. I wasn't sure will I'll be able to capture the likeness well enough, since I've never made a teen sim based on a real person. I'm rather pleased with how he turned out Marty's adult face has been replaced with SimPE, so he won't age up fugly and will keep the likeness.
Marty's outfit consists of light blue jeans, red t-shirt, checkered shirt, denim jacket and a orange/red vest which, back in 1955., got Marty several „Hey, great life-preserver!“ comments. The outfit comes with the legendary Nike Bruin trainers, and a calculator watch. Due to the puffiness of the jacket, some animations will cause arms clipping into it - it's not all that bad, but still worth noting. I recommend you use the StretchSkeleton cheat set at 0.9 when playing with Marty, because he's such a short guy (exactly the same height as myself - 164cm!).
For more views and details of the outfit, please see additional attached screenshots.
Poly count: 3219
- You will need Fansee's awesome hair mesh for Marty, get it here.
- Skin is an edit of Anva skin.
- Eyes are edited Bruno eyes.
Doctor Emmett Brown
Played by Christopher Lloyd
"Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads."
For Doc's outfit, I decided to go with the radiation suit Doc is wearing during the first temporal experiment in Part I. It's not as complex as Marty's, but I've still tried to make it as convincing and detailed as I could. It comes with a toolbelt snatched from EA gardener mesh (Thanks for the idea, Lee!) and a meshed watch. Additional accessory is the remote control for the DeLorean, which was converted from BTTF game.
Remote Control Poly: 1083
- Green shirt texture is by Fanseelamb, from her awesome set
- Parts of the suit texture are by TTG.
- Eyes are edited Bruno eyes.
- Skin is an edit of Anva skin.
- Goggles seen in the thumbnail picture, are by Ja and can be found here.
- You will need the mesh by CoolSims, for Doc's hair. Now, this is a fairly high poly mesh (cca. 24000), but it is the closest mesh I could find. In case the poly count irks you out, I have packaged the sim with, less accurate but lower poly, Helga hair. It has been appropriately re-textured. I still recommend getting CoolSims mesh, if you don't mind the poly.
The fantastic DeLorean seen in the pictures, is made by Lee - a wonderful friend and one amazing creator. She was kind enough to let me use this, still unfinished, version of the DeLorean for my pictures. Hopefully, she will have it up for grabs in the near future - keep your fingers crossed!
Lots of love went into this little set, and I really hope it shows. I tried to re-create these wonderful characters into Sims, as accurate and detailed, to the best of my ability. I wanted to capture the spirit of the movies, both with the sims themselves and the whole presentation. Please check out all of the attached screenies - they are fun and show more details
Also, this is my 50th upload!! W00t!!
Custom Content by Me:
- Marty McFly
- MMF Brows
- MMF Eyes - Bruno edit
- Forehad anti-shine
- MMF NoseShadow
- MMF skin - Anva Edit
- MMF Hair recolor
- MMF Outfit
- MMF Outfit MESH
- DeLorean Remote
- DeLorean Remote MESH
- Doc Eyebrows
- Doc Eyes - Bruno edit
- Doc Hair
- Doc Radiation Suit
- Doc Radiation Suit MESH
- Doc CoolSims hair retexture
Custom Content Included:
- Sclera v2 - Dark by Anva
- Blush - Circonflex Anti-Shine by Rensim - dead site
- Facekit - Teeth, Eyebags, Lashes by Rensim - dead site
- Layerable Mouth Corner by D.Eclipse
- Eyebag-Step02-light by Ephemera
- Aging mask by SimpleLife
- Sclera v2 - Medium by Anva
- Blush by Louis
- Nosemakeup-light by HP
- Facekit - Nose Bulb 2 by Ren - dead site
- Corvidophile Nosemask Edit by SironaSims
- Brows shadow by SimpleLife
- Forehead shadow by SimpleLife
- Forehead Wrinkles by SimpleLife
- Jaw shadow by SimpleLife
- First Eyebag by Alfred Askew
- Second Eyebag by Alfred Askew
- Lower Eyelid by Alfred Askew
- EyeBags by Mermaid Cove - dead site
- Third Eyebag by Alfred Askew
- Hair MESH by Helga - dead site
HUGE thanks goes to lovely people at Creator Feedback Forum and chat: Lee, Whitey, Fansee, sleepalldaypartyallnight, Vampy, Thedivineone, rileyjcquinn, maybesomethingdunno, psychosim, JAKINCOL, Cynnix, GuySim, WickedPoppies, Theis118, Nouk, Lewjen, Slar, Petchy and Malfoya - without you guys I would never be able to finish this. Your help and encouragement are priceless <3
Another huge thanks to TellTale Games, for making an awesome BTTF game whose bits I used to create this.
Thanks to all tutorial writers, Milkshape, Wes_H for the plug-ins, and everyone else who have contributed to this project in any way.
For more information about this creator and their policies or details, click here.
Expansion / Stuff Packs Required
You must have the expansion or stuff packs listed above installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.
You need to be a Registered Member to be able to download from MTS. Registration allows you to thank and leave comments for the creators, see your download history, participate in the discussions and much more!
This download requires a mesh to work properly. Please check the Overview tab for any descriptions of meshes needed. The mesh is available here:
Note: MTS cannot guarantee any off-site links will be available
Basic Download and Install Instructions:
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract: Use WinRAR (Windows) or Stuffit (Mac) to extract the .sims2pack file(s) from the .rar or .zip file(s).
3. Install: Double-click on the .sims2pack file to install its contents to your game. The files will automatically be installed to the proper location(s).
Need more information?
#back to the future, #bttf, #delorean, #michael j fox, #christopher lloyd, #marty mcfly, #doc, #emmet brown, #sci-fi, #80s
Users who thanked this download also thanked: