This is the Sunset Valley.world file with the Resources imported from this download thread Resources for SunsetValley.world Routing Fix
. Since no one has yet to complain of blown up Sunset Valley after a week, I thought it is safe to offer up the .world.
For the Full Instructions
on how to get the download in-game, read Game Help:World Routing Lagswiki
. A summary is below.
One of the spots in Sunset Valley that had broken routing in the indicated spot.
As explained in the linked wiki,
Notes & Changelog
- the yellow spots denote areas where the Sim non-routable and Camera non-routable painting have been repainted over blank spots. This includes at the world edges, too, although it may not be denoted on the image (SunsetValleyMapDottedver2.jpg in Screenshots below)
- the red spots denote areas where the intersections have been corrected so that the Intersection and Road pieces now all connect.
- There is a visual way to tell if your Saves are picking up this new world data.
- Look at the spot denoted by Red dot - at a road intersection. If you can see the intersections are white (instead of yellow) from Map View, the fix is applied correctly.
- Jan 17, 2013 update
- Lots nudged to align flushed with roads so the terrain won't bleed through underneath gaps.
- For this fix to show up, you need to start a NEW game. If you plop the world in and use a pre-existing Save, the fix would manifest as gaps in your lots.
As and when I get reports of any issues, or new spots, or patch changes (if any).
- Jan 17, 2013 update:
- Since patch 1.42/Seasons EP, all the routing fixes won't show up in pre-existing Saves. They only show up for NEW games, so use Twallan's Porter to transfer your favorite Households into a NEW game, if you desire.
- Fixes for terrain bleeds from the spots identified by chris_damon, vashi, expectnomercy23 & myskaal on the Comments (of both SunsetValley fixes threads). If there are more, let me know.
- Here's a list of what Lots I moved, based on images supplied by chris_damon.
- Ursine (OceanSidenbhd4)
- Kennedy (Parkview_nbhd_01)
- GothGhosts (Overlook)
- Langerak's & Bunch neighbor (SuburbanMeadows)
- Business (downtown_nbhd0)
- Diner (downtown_nbhd0)
- Science (downtown_nbhd0)
- Stadium (OceanSidenbhd4)
- A whole bunch of resources were touched for this terrain bleed fix. Resources modified:
- 0x033B2B66 0x00000001 (?)
- 0xAE39399F 0x00000001 (World geometry)
- OBJN, DETL, WDET, REFS in <layername>.layer for the layers containing the Lots identified
- bunch of stuff in <layername>.lot for the Lots identified
- Aug 30, 2012 update:
- World updated with the Resource fixes that were redone back in April.
- Oct 18, 2011 update:
- Compatible with Patch 1.26.89. Would most likely be compatible with any patches in the future as well.
- If you had renamed the modified worlds to *.fixed before patching (or installing new add-on), you can simply renamed the pair of them back to *.orig and .world respectively, as the Wiki instructions state
- Compatible with all patch levels up to the current 1.24 (as of Jul 26, 2011).
- Would conflict with any other download that make changes to the .world file that changed these resources. Resources modified:
- 0x05CD4BB3 UNKN World Routing
- 0x05DA8AF6 UNKN World boundries
- 0x9063660E UNKN World Roads & Walkways
- 0x00B2D882 0x00000001 _IMG DDS Image
- 0x01661233 0x00000002 MODL scene Object Model (aka Object Geometry)
Heed that backup
instructions, really! You've been warned!
- Go to the path above
- Delete the *.world file. Or if you want to reuse it after patching, rename it with a ".fixed" extension, so the filename becomes "Sunset Valley.world.fixed"
- Rename the "*.orig" copy by removing the .orig extension (or from whatever you have renamed it to).
- Delete caches before starting game. Game Help:Sims 3 Delete Cache Fileswiki
: When I try to download, I get a 403 error.
: This tells me the wiki to the multi-part files weren't clicked on and read, as at the bottom of the DFDD4 page states:
If you get a 403 or 503 error, means that you're downloading too many files at one time and are using up all the download slots. There's a limit of 3 files at a time or 3 chunks per file per downloader to give other members a chance. You'll have to wait for six hours when the server reset its caches for you to be able to download again.
If after sometime, you still cannot download them, try downloading another MTS item - like a mod or a Lot. If the other item can be downloaded and this item still cannot be downloaded one at a time
, then please log out from the site, clear caches, relogin and try again. If none of that help then, post with web browser name and version, archive program name and version, the error message, and whether you have logged out and cleared caches
: When I try to extract, I get an error.
: Have you read the DFFD5 wiki? Have the files been renamed? If yes, to both questions, post with the filenames after the rename action and the exact error message, please. And also state what archiver program you use?
: Why don't you upload it as a single file, and avoid all that hassle?
: There's a file size limitation onsite. If none of the above answers help, the file is also available on my blog. ellacharmed.wordpress.com
s3pe, CAW forum and #create.
chris_damon, vashi, expectnomercy23, myskaal for their feedback on the terrain bleed issues