This is a replacement for the standard EA material shader for floors. This floor shader provides the following enhanced features:
1) The shader will now recognize the alpha channel for floor edge textures. This means that the floor edge can now be completely invisible, or have partial transparency. For example, this mod now makes it possible to remove the floor edges completely, when combined with Mootilda's Invisible Floor Edge
2) The original EA floor shader would reduce the brightness of any floor edge texture by half. This meant that it was impossible to create a light-colored floor edge texture. This enhanced floor shader removes that restriction, so that textures will appear as expected. You can see the difference in the "white" floor edge texture at Fairy Forest
Please note that this mod is not useful without a corresponding floor edge texture. The EA floor edge does not have an alpha channel and will just be unnecessarily brightened. This mod can be used to brighten the floor edge textures from Fairy Forest and Psychosim, and Mootilda has a set of floor edges which fully utilize the new functionality in this mod.
For your convenience, here is a list of known floor edge textures:
There are 3 separate versions of this mod. You should only use one version of this mod
- Moochi_FloorShader_Base-Uni.zip: Used for the base game and University only.
- Moochi_FloorShader_NL-OFB.zip: Used for Nightlife and Open for Business, plus any stuff packs which use the Open for Business game engine. *
- Moochi_FloorShader_Pets-AL.zip: Used for Pets and all later EPs, plus any stuff packs which use those game engines. *
* Here is a list of the game engines used by the various SPs:
Psychosim for "Default Wall with scale and Floor Edge grey" mod, which inspired us to make this mod:
Quaxi and Peter and Igne Jones, for SimPE, which we used to make this mod:
Numenor, for the AnyGameStarter, which allowed us to test this floor shader with various EP configurations: