Mod The Sims
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Posted 25th Feb 2012 at 02:44 PM - Updated 27th Feb 2012 at 12:38 AM by kimberleykid - Viewed 17275 times. Direct link to this thread
11 Comments / replies (Who?) , 12 times favourited , 132 times thanked
The Menhir is a modern looking building named after the ancient standing stones found widely distributed across several continents.
Inside this five story monolith you will find two floors for common use by all tenants, one of which decorated as a simple lounge.
The other three floors contain furnished starter apartments each with it's own unique look and floorplan.
For the quite afordable price of §645 you can rent a lovely little single person apartment for those just finished with college or going to live on their own for the first time.
With two seperate bedrooms, a reasonable sized bathroom and a balcony at §974 the most expensive apartment is great for two friends living together or a single parent family. Ofcourse the second bedroom can always be converted to a lovely office to create more space for a single person.
The last of the apartments on the top floor for a mere §938 offers a great view over the neighbourhood from its balcony and is the perfect place for the price aware bachelor trying to impress.
The building was playtested from 2 different apartments, both in the AnyGameStarter with only AL and IKEA and in my own game with all EP's SP's and custom content.
* The inside stage on the top floor did not give me any issues, and was not seen as a common area. If you experience any problems with it please notify me and do mention what EP's & SP's you use so i can test it.
* Newspapers tend to show up either a floor lower in the hallway or outside because the hallways are pretty small so the paper-boy/girl can't place it on the right floor.
* Do not drop items on the stairs, for some odd reason I can't figure out they will be somehow "teleported" into the apartment on that floor so you'll first have to become friends and knock on their door to retrieve it. (happened to me with my bills and the downstairs neighbour did not like me)
If you want to rent fully furnished use CTRL+SHIFT+C > boolProp testingCheatsEnabled True > SHIFT+click on the door and pick "Rent Furnished". Otherwise only kitchen and bathroom will show up, after that you can turn the testingCheats off again by replacing true with false.
*Noticed shrubs can't be cut in my testgame. Didn't notice this when playing in my own game because of mods. If requested I will upload a version without shrubs surrounding the building.
The lot was made into 1x1 using the LotAdjuster 3.5 after building to make most of the available space. Fence and shrubs were placed afterwards to make sure it was safe and nothing would disappear off the edge of the lot.
leesester - Werknotham Window and Door Apartment Life
to replace blacony doors and top floor windows which are currently intersecting with the indoor stage.
Lot Size: 1x1
Lot Price: 645 - 974
Numenor for his AnyGameStarter
Mootilda for her LotAdjuster 3.5
And Honeywell & karen lorraine for their help and feedback in the forums.
For more information about this creator and their policies or details, click here.
Expansion / Stuff Packs Required
You must have the expansion or stuff packs listed above installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.
You need to be a Registered Member to be able to download from MTS. Registration allows you to thank and leave comments for the creators, see your download history, participate in the discussions and much more!
Basic Download and Install Instructions:
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract: Use WinRAR (Windows) or Stuffit (Mac) to extract the .sims2pack file(s) from the .rar or .zip file(s).
3. Install: Double-click on the .sims2pack file to install its contents to your game. The files will automatically be installed to the proper location(s).
Need more information?
Users who thanked this download also thanked: