As Showtime introduced a new world, and similar to the other worlds' fixes that I had done, here's the fixes for Starlight Shores.
As explained in the Game Help:World Routing Lagswiki
- the yellow spots (in the "Dotted" image) denote areas where the disjointed white routing lines, Sim non-routable and Camera non-routable painting have been repainted over. In the pictures below these spots are shown with Yellow dots.
- This is the Before and After pictures of the area depicted above near the bottom right corner, of the railings on the hill, showing the disconnected routing splines behind the railings.
- There's only one disconnected road in Starlight Shores - it is located in front of the school.
- This corrected Road Intersection is the visual way to tell if the fixed resources have been imported, and the fixed world is "Live" in a new game or your Save games.
- Look at the spots denoted by Red dots - at a road intersection. If you can see the intersections are white (instead of blank) from Map View, the fix is applied correctly.
Heed that backup
instructions, really! You've been warned!
Please be sure to read and follow the instructions under "Edit in S3PE
" in full in Game Help:World Routing Lagswiki
The rest of the info is the same, pretty standard - backup, read and follow instructions to the letter, provide feedback, etc etc. All is in the wiki - READ it!
Download the .zip file and extract all the contents into a temporary folder onto your Desktop, then import all the Resources in S3PE
by selecting all files (Ctrl+A).
- StarlightShoresFixedRouting.zip containing 26 files
- 0x05CD4BB3 UNKN World Routing
- 0x05DA8AF6 UNKN World boundaries
- 0x9063660E UNKN World Roads & Walkways
- 0x01661233 0x00000002 MODL scene Object Model (aka Object Geometry)
- Go to this path
\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 Showtime\GameData\Shared\NonPackaged\Worlds\
- Delete the *.world file. Or if you want to reuse it after patching, rename it with a ".fixed" extension, so the filename becomes "Starlight Shores.world.fixed"
- Rename the "*.orig" copy by removing the .orig extension (or from whatever you have renamed it to).
- Delete caches before starting game. Game Help:Sims 3 Delete Cache Fileswiki
As always, feedback is welcomed.
Please report any other areas that you get stuck Sims at that I might have missed. If I may have been overzealous in the corrections or did some things wrongly.
Notes & Changelog
As and when I get reports of any issues, or new spots, or patch
changes (if any).