Picked Upload! This is a picked upload! It showcases some of the best talent and creativity available on MTS and in the community.
Name: STATELY GOTH MANOR Lot Size: 60 x 60 Bedrooms: 4 Bathrooms: 3 full, 2 half Cost furnished: 389,869 Cost unfurnished: 243,783 EPs: All through IP SPs: NONE Store: NONE CC: NONE
Does your neighborhood need a gigantic stone mansion to give it a little more gravitas? Look no further than the stately Goth Manor. Designed as the ancestral home of the Goths, it is equally suitable for any other obscenely rich family looking for a place to live and a home to impress the less-billionare-y denizens of whatever town you plop it down in.
The ornate gothic facade overlooks extensive grounds including a pool, formal gardens, a family grave plot, and a two-car garage. The large foyer, covered in white marble, opens up to a formal dining room with bar, and a dramatic two-story windowed living room. The wood-paneled study is a quiet place for work, chess, or painting, and the glass-lined conservatory provides a place for rest or gardening. The large kitchen makes entertaining a breeze, and includes a coffee bar in addition to the standard appliances and a breakfast table. Steps lead down to a nectar cellar.
Upstairs, there are two master suites, each with a bedroom, bathroom, private TV parlor and fireplace. A medieval-themed children's room has bunkbeds for two, a desk, TV and video games, and its own attached bathroom. A pleasant nursery is across the hall, furnshed with all the necessities. A playroom provides space for all of the youngest members of the family to enjoy their leisure, and an extra desk provides a good place for homework.
The top-most floor has a large game room, half-bath and two extra rooms that are large enough to serve as extra bedrooms, or skilling rooms for whatever hobbies your Sims would like to pursue.
Note: The name of this house is a play on "stately Wayne Manor..." from the Batman comics. And in keeping with that idea, it is very easy to add a Batcave, as there is no foundation to go through. In fact, you can easily add a hidden fireman's pole next to the study by swapping one of the bookshelves for the Supernatural sliding door, and turning a row of the butler's pantry into a hidden room for the pole. It will descend to the basement just outside the wall of the nectar cellar (so obviously add some basement there first.) There's also a small empty basement under the garage.
Don't forget to Thank the creator after downloading! Use the Thanks button located above the screenshots above.
1. Click the file listed on the Files tab to download the file to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
2. Select the .sims3pack file you got from extracting.
3. Cut and paste it into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads folder. If you do not have this folder yet, it is recommended that you open the game and then close it again so that this folder will be automatically created. Then you can place the .sims3pack into your Downloads folder.
5. Load the game's Launcher, and click on the Downloads tab. Select the house icon, find the lot in the list, and tick the box next to it. Then press the Install button below the list.
6. Wait for the installer to load, and it will install the lot to the game. You will get a message letting you know when it's done.
7. Run the game, and find your lot in Edit Town, in the premade lots bin.
Extracting from RAR, ZIP, or 7z: You will need a special program for this. For Windows, we recommend 7-Zip and for Mac OSX, we recommend Keka. Both are free and safe to use.
I am immensely grateful for this house you've built! I have been searching earnestly for a Mansion to compliment the regal taste of my wizard Sim family. Alas, I have found the ornate domicile they so direly needed!