If you're not already aware, broken spots in the routing is what causes Freezes and Lags in your game, as explained in Game Help:Intermittent Freezeswiki
FAQ. To permanently solve this, the routing need to be repainted over in Create-A-World. This is the result of that exercise. You can find the full guide on how to use this in Game Help:World Routing Lagswiki
So, here is the Riverview.world file with the FIXED Resources imported, for people who don't want to mess with their files in S3PE.
Please read this download thread Resources for Riverview.world's various Fixes
for the problems that were addressed. It might even be worthwhile to take the time to read the Comments of that thread, especially if you encounter issues, just so you can check if it has been discussed and addressed before.
A close up shot of the Before and After images that you can use as Visual Indicators on how to check if the world file is the original or fixed version. The fixed version has the road sign aligned to the yellow road divider.
Before : https://ellacharmed.wordpress.com/2...jp-carousel-289
After : https://ellacharmed.wordpress.com/2...jp-carousel-290
Heed that backup
instructions in Game Help:World Routing Lagswiki
, really! You've been warned!
If you care to continue any legacy games or Saves that you care about in the fixed version, use Twallan's Porter to transfer any Sims or Household you care about from your previous Saves.
- Download all parts of the world, and rename them to get rid of the "MTS_ellacharmed_<numbers>_" portion. See Game Help:DFDD4 Download the File#Content with Multi-part fileswiki with pretty pictures.
- Right-click on the file with "part1" in its name and "Extract here", or whatever command your program uses. See Game Help:DFDD5 Extract from Archive#Multi-part fileswiki with pretty pictures.
- Place the extracted & joined .world file in this path and replace the default version. (You have backup, right?)
\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\InstalledWorlds
- Delete caches before starting game if you encounter issues. Especially any files named Riverview in
Game Help:Sims 3 Delete Cache Fileswiki
\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\WorldCaches
- Just in case, but not really necessary, as per past experience with EA's patches.
- Go to the path above
- Delete the *.world file. Or if you want to reuse it after patching, rename it with a ".fixed" extension, so the filename becomes "Riverview.world.fixed"
- Rename the "*.orig" copy by removing the .orig extension (or from whatever you have renamed it to).
- Delete caches before starting game. Game Help:Sims 3 Delete Cache Fileswiki
As always, feedback is welcomed.
Notes & Changelog
As and when I get reports of any issues, or new spots, or patch changes (if any).
- Feb 04, 2014: Fixed the bodyless windmill issue reported by @Tolkien in the Resources thread.
- Made while on Patch 1.47.
- Would most likely be compatible with any patches in the future as well, as EA has never ever modified a .world file in any of the patches.
- If ever there are any fixes from EA, the changes would come in the Store patches that would show up in Game_Help:TS3_User_Folders_Explained#ContentPatchwiki folder, and not game patches. Or, it could come in a fixed .Sims3Pack that you'd need to redownload and reinstall in Launcher, just like when they fixed the crashing issue when uninstalling the LuckyPalms.Sims3Pack when it was first released.
: When I try to download, I get a 403 error.
: This tells me the wiki to the multi-part files weren't clicked on and read, as at the bottom of the DFDD4 page states:
If you get a 403 or 503 error, means that you're downloading too many files at one time and are using up all the download slots. There's a limit of 3 files at a time or 3 chunks per file per downloader to give other members a chance. You'll have to wait for six hours when the server reset its caches for you to be able to download again.
If after sometime, you still cannot download them, try downloading another MTS item - like a mod or a Lot. If the other item can be downloaded and this item still cannot be downloaded one at a time
, then please log out from the site, clear caches, relogin and try again. If none of that help then, post with web browser name and version, archive program name and version, the error message, and whether you have logged out and cleared caches
: When I try to extract, I get an error.
: Have you read the DFFD5 wiki? Have the files been renamed? If yes, to both questions, post with the filenames after the rename action and the exact error message, please. And also state what archiver program you use?
: Why don't you upload it as a single file, and avoid all that hassle?
: There's a file size limitation onsite. If none of the above answers help, the file is also available on my blog. ellacharmed.wordpress.com
. Please feedback any issues on this thread as I log in to MTS more often than on Wordpress.
Inge & Peter Jones; the tool makers of s3pe, s3su, package compare
Pescado for the Recompressor