This is the download with the resources from the other download thread
imported and uploaded as a .world file, in 2 multi-parts.
If you don't know if you need this download, I strongly urge you to read
Refer to the Map available in Game_Help:World_Routing_Lags/Wherewiki
for the fixed spots.
- Red dots denotes routing - either blank or disjointed.
- Red dots with black outlines - a spot in front of the City Hall had blue sim-non-routing too close to the road, and so the routing was broken up. These spots have been cleaned up.
- Orange outline - edited Lots
- RH_HospitalScience - Lot tears.
- RH_School - Lot tears.
- Monty household, Villa Paradiso, 33 Summer Street - reset Lot and Sims via MasterController in EIG. Toddler can't be picked up and parent-Sims weren't able to sleep in double bed
Heed that backup
instructions in Game Help:World Routing Lagswiki
, really! You've been warned!
If you care to continue any legacy games or Saves that you care about in the fixed version, use Twallan's Porter to transfer any Sims or Household you care about from your previous Saves.
- If you don't already have the Monte Vista world installed, install it first.
- Download all parts of the world, and rename them to get rid of the "MTS_ellacharmed_<numbers>_" portion. See Game Help:DFDD4 Download the File#Content with Multi-part fileswiki with pretty pictures.
- Right-click on the file with "part1" in its name and "Extract here", or whatever command your program uses. See Game Help:DFDD5 Extract from Archive#Multi-part fileswiki with pretty pictures.
- Place the extracted & joined .world file in this path and replace the default version. (You have backup, right?)
\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\InstalledWorlds
- Delete caches before starting game if you encounter issues. Especially any files named Monte Vista in
Game Help:Sims 3 Delete Cache Fileswiki
\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\WorldCaches
- Just in case, but not really necessary, as per past experience with EA's patches.
- Go to the path above
- Delete the *.world file. Or if you want to reuse it after patching, rename it with a ".fixed" extension, so the filename becomes "Monte Vista.world.fixed"
- Rename the "*.orig" copy by removing the .orig extension (or from whatever you have renamed it to).
- Delete caches before starting game. Game Help:Sims 3 Delete Cache Fileswiki
: Do I need to have/buy the Monte Vista world?
: Well, yes. This fixed world won't work on its own. You need the Sims3Pack from the Store to install it in Launcher. Just having this .world file in the InstalledWorld path, on its own without having the Sims3Pack from the Store installed, won't do anything.
: When I try to download, I get a 403 error.
: This tells me the wiki to the multi-part files weren't clicked on and read, as at the bottom of the DFDD4 page states:
If you get a 403 or 503 error, means that you're downloading too many files at one time and are using up all the download slots. There's a limit of 3 files at a time or 3 chunks per file per downloader to give other members a chance. You'll have to wait for six hours when the server reset its caches for you to be able to download again.
If after sometime, you still cannot download them, try downloading another MTS item - like a mod or a Lot. If the other item can be downloaded and this item still cannot be downloaded one at a time
, then please log out from the site, clear caches, relogin and try again. If none of that help then, post with web browser name and version, archive program name and version, the error message, and whether you have logged out and cleared caches
: When I try to extract, I get an error.
: Have you read the DFFD5 wiki? Have the files been renamed? If yes, to both questions, post with the filenames after the rename action and the exact error message, please. And also state what archiver program you use?
: Why don't you upload it as a single file, and avoid all that hassle?
: There's a file size limitation onsite. If none of the above answers help, the file is also available on my blog. ellacharmed.wordpress.com
. Please feedback any issues on this thread as I log in to MTS more often than on Wordpress.
: My game crashed when I load my Monte Vista Save game.
: Well, you need to start a new Monte Vista game. If it still crash on a new game with the caches and worldcaches deleted, please post in comments with the information asked for below in the Feedback section.
As always, feedback is welcomed.
If you want to report an issue, please don't forget to state
Notes & Changelog
- your gameversion Game Help:TS3_Patching Find Gameversionwiki,
- the filesize & filename of the Sims3Pack and when you downloaded it,
- what browser and version (if you have issues with downloading),
- if you use a download manager (if you have issues with downloading),
- what archive program you are using (if you have issues with extracting and joining), and
- if you're getting an error when downloading and it is not the 403/503 error explain above, state the exact error message, and how many times you have tried downloading; and if you haven't done so, give it some time to try again later?
As and when I get reports of any issues, or new spots, or patch changes (if any).
- Made while on Patch 1.63, and MonteVista_World.Sims3Pack downloaded in Jan 2013, with filesize of 216MB.
Inge & Peter Jones; the tool makers of s3pe, s3su, package compare
Pescado for the Recompressor
My beta testers.
spagtscully & StormchaserOne for the gifted worlds.