I Saw Three Ships - Ancient Careers for Navigators
Update — January 2016 - FINALEMENT!! .
FRENCH version of the Piracy Career (adults) - Maintenant, tout est traduit in French!
Translated to French by Billie Lith
I'll have to see with Hexameter for German translations.
I saw three ships come sailing in
On Christmas Day, on Christmas Day;
I saw three ships come sailing in
On Christmas Day in the morning.
Merry Holidays to all Mods, Creators and Downloaders on MTS! :D
Please, before anything else, let's share a little Winter Carol for a proper ambiance.
I Saw Three Ships
The title was chosen as this project is proposed to MTS during the Christmas Holidays of 2013.
What's so special:
- 3 Ancient EP-Compatible Careers for Adults (Exploration, Piracy & Trading)
- 1 Ancient EP-Compatible Career for Teens/Elders (Navigation)
- Custom Ancient Uniforms and/or Custom Ancient Carpools
- Custom Rewards
- Realistic chance cards for all levels - Try them! They are worth reading.
- German versions will eventually follow -
- French versions of all the careers now
- Good with Ancient neighborhoods in general
- The Exploration Career has Average-low friendship requirements
- The Piracy Career has Vampire-friendly hours
- The Trading Career has Family-friendly hours
- The rewards are motive-friendly
- Neat career icons graphically coherent with the game and not hurting the eyes
- A few optional extra goodies
The storyline itself has an interesting, realistic curve of progress.
For each adult career, what the story says along the levels is that your sims will start off under the wing of another navigator, they will then go through hardships that will force them to a new start on their own, and after that, they can access the better levels in the last half of the career.
If you got the Base-Game Only, you can't use this.
Nightlife + You don't own anything later than OFB.
Custom Rewards included, no custom uniforms, default vehicles (Ancient replacements joined). It's a small download.
The good about this: Small files, the rewards, and you get to customize the uniforms.
The downside: Default Carpools affect all of the game, so now all your careers will use the same carpools as this set.
How to customize the uniforms yourself: If you use this version, your sims will go to work in whatever they are wearing. Rahan the caveman will go in his caveman briefs and your astronauts will go in their astrosuit.
WITH CUSTOM CARPOOLS:
If you own all EPs. Or at least Nightlife + (Pets or Later EPs).
Custom Rewards included, Custom Uniforms (some meshes/textures to get), Custom Vehicles (all joined). It's a generous download.
The good about this: You kidding? This is a riot, you get all the good stuff. If you can, go for this one, it's the best!
The downside: It's a big download.
What if another family member leaves for work at the same hour, and their career doesn't use ancient vehicles? Only one kind of vehicles will show up in this case. So your Royal Advisor will leave for work in the same kind of vehicle than Fluffy the Dog.
We included pictures showing thumbnails of all the uniforms that your sims will wear through the Careers. Each contains everything you need if we could include it. Remember, Elders can only get the 10 levels if they started the career as an Adult.
The Not-Included Items - Press the button below for a detailed, helpful list of what is missing.
You can download a .txt copy of this list here; all proper links and specific filenames will help you get the items you need.
Custom & Default Ancient Carpools
Exploration-Trading, Custom Reward
- New mesh by Hexameter
- New interactions by Rue St-Germain (us)
- It's a complex decorative object: a Sextant
- Not available anywhere else than as a Career Reward from our Exploration-Trading Careers
- Each one has its own colors and interactions; the Exploration Career offers the grey Moonlight Sextant; the Trading career offers the shiny green & brown Gaia Sextant
- Both are motive-friendly, with a twist
- They have their own thumbnail in the Career Rewards section and are tied to their respective careers
Piracy, Custom Reward - Clone of the Maxis Execuputter, with Recolors
- By Billie Lith
- Can be in the colors of Piracy, British Royal Navy or Portuguese Navy
- Fun, smooth black golfball mimicking a mini-cannonball
- Raises the Fun motive faster than the normal Execuputter but won't fill it 100% (so your sim will stay and build skills)
- Has also its own thumbnail in the Career Rewards section and is tied to its respective career as well
More translations to come
- German, by Hexameter
- French, by Billie Lith & friends
- No deadline, it'll be ready when it's ready.
- If anyone wants to make more translations, contact us! It's a lot of text, but we'll be glad to join your translations to this set! :D
- By Billie Lith
- 2 New Small Telescope Recolors, Ivory and Ebony
- 3 Ancient Books, Default replacements of the Maxis book (green) - Copernic, Newton or Voltaire, use just one
The books react badly to the Freetime command "Read a book - sort of book";
if you have Freetime installed and really need to have your sims read books, don't use our books!
- 2 recolors of the Pirate Captain outfit for adult females; 1 in tones of grey, 1 in tones of green and blue. Wearable by Adults only
Warning — Reminder
- If you have the Base-Game only, do not download anything here! Sorry!
- If you have only the Base-Game and UNI, you cannot keep subfolders; all package files must be put in the Downloads folder itself.
- If you got Nightlife but don't own Pets or any later EPs, go for the Customizable version
- Custom Uniforms: Don't forget to get the Non-Included items!
Last but not least, The Credits
All original texts in english, forthcoming french translation, Pirate Captain female outfit, Sextant's special interactions, Pirate Putter and recolors, textures for the Sextant by Billie Lith
Mesh, original texture and UV map of the Sextant, View interaction with Fun boosts, all the vehicles used for this set, forthcoming german translation of the careers, patience, kindness and a lot of help, by Hexameter
Vehicles of Hexameter turned to Carpools, by FennShysa
Amazing MESHERS & TEXTURERS (Custom Uniforms) - Thanks for letting us join your awesome work to this set!
Kate @Parsimonious http://www.parsimonious.org/
Aikea Guinea @MTS http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=38905 http://www.clubcrimsyn.com/
Sim-Ages http://sims2graveyard.com/ (Sim Ages)
LordDragonstone @SapphireSims http://sapphiresims2.com/ (Down)
Tiggerypum @MTS http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=92716
Bettye @MTS http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=10452
SussisSoGoodSims @MTS http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=763187 http://www.sussissogoodsims2.com
Aligeth @MTS http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=652138
Berg @MTS http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=30040 http://sims2graveyard.com/ (Carneby Sims)
lidiqnata @MTS http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=546343 http://lidiqnatasims2.webs.com/
Cocomama @MTS http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=87275
Dr Pixel @MTS http://www.modthesims.info/m/13067
iamliz13 @MTS http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=328751
sherahbim @MTS http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=153167
Alexasrosa @MTS http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=25392 http://alexasrosa.deviantart.com/
Zoej @MTS http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=23865
jenfold @MTS http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=586679 http://jenfold-sims.livejournal.com/
child_of_air MTS http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=32694
Me @MTS http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=774690
WEBLIOGRAPHY (Where we found everything - Feel free to visit all these links, wonderful content there!)
A Midsimmer Night's Dream - http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=99584
Victorian Dress Mesh, by SussisSoGoodSims2 - http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=205801
Victorian Civil War Mesh, by SussisSoGoodSims2 - http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=208157
Victorian Tea Dress, by SussisSoGoodSims2 - http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=208161
Victorian Burgundy Promenade, by SussisSoGoodSims2 - http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=208163
Rococo Family, by SussisSoGoodSims2 - http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=208906
Seven Dials Dickens Old Ettie, by SussisSoGoodSims2 - http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=211345
The Dark Project - http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=232462
Layered Medieval Dresses, by iamliz13 - http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=236612
Medieval Alpha Tunics, by iamliz13 - http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=238936
Antique Cream Linen Chemise, by Aligeth - http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=241592
Scurvy Currs - 4 Pirate Outfits, by Jenfold - http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=245690
Gypsy clothing for elders, by sherahbim - http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=249938
Medieval Gown Adults and Teens, by iamliz13 - http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=250802
Female pirate clothing, by sherahbim - http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=263927
Medieval and renaissance gowns, by sherahbim - http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=281399
Regency Fashion for Adult Male, by Berg - http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=285676
Pirate Women - Pants, by DrPixel - http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=312366
Men in tights, by Cocomama - http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=329591
The Matrons of Fashion, by child of air - http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=371606
Pirate King and Queen clothing, by sherahbim - http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=380834
Doublets and Hose Ragged Style, by Aligeth - http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=419301
Doublets and Hose Rugged Style, by Aligeth - http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=419305
Rococo for him pt.1, by lidiqnata - http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=470519
Rococo for him pt.2, by lidiqnata - http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=471108
Estrid's Party Dress, mesh by Lord Dragonstone from Sapphire Sims - http://www.medievalsims.com/forums/...php?f=41&t=1026
Content in the pictures
Dirt Roads neighborhood deco by sunni9676
Hair on the adult female sim by lidiqnata
Hair on the adult and teen male sims by Cheryl Mason
Hair on the elder male sim by XM Sims
Sheila Deadbones sim by Maxis, EA
This is it, people!
This set has been amazing to create and is really fun to play! I hope you all love it!
Thanks to all the Meshers and Texturers for their policy allowing us to use their content on our set!
Thanks to all the writers of tutorials for Custom Careers - we seriously checked them all many times
Thanks to Echo for her tutorials on BHAVs
Thanks to leefish and MTS - and thanks for making this a Picked Upload
Wow, this is Featured? Thank you MTS!
You don't just make my day there, you make my week, and possibly my year, lol.
Thanks to Numenor, particularly for his and Any Game Starter
Thanks to the creators and revivers of Thanks to the creators of the Inseminator
Thanks to everyone we could have forgotten!
Users who thanked this download also thanked:
Expansion/Stuff packs required:
52 Comments / replies (Who?)
Optional related downloads by the same creators:
Sims - Pirates Barbarossa and Black Beard / Pirate Catherine / 6 Sailors
Objects - Telescope in Wood Colors / Restored Pirate Ship
Major - Ancient Navigation